Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine
RE: ASV Machine
I want to do 1 more night with no changes - so that's what I'll do tonight.  But tomorrow I am willing to make changes.  What should I do ASV Auto or just the changes you mentioned earlier with ASV?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
If you make changes, then use the auto mode. It is there to adjust automatically to your changing conditions and needs. For most people it works great. No different than using fixed CPAP vs auto CPAP, there are generally more advantages to auto, especially since you are trying to find the most effective settings and pressures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an ASV user, I agree that the Auto mode is more effective. It allows EPAP and PS both to be ranges to auto adjust between the setting parameters. YMMV
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, then tomorrow I will switch to ASV Auto using the changes Sleeprider suggested.  The goal, obviously, is to make AHI as close to 0 as possible while getting a good night's sleep (last night was pretty good until about 3:30).  Thanks a million!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Not suggesting you mimic my settings but my sidebar shows mine. I constantly get under 2 AHI from untreated 70+. Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also an ASV user and agree on the Auto mode, I love it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto will be the way, if your doctor is ok with this. You don't want to get him offside if he is still helping. If the median resp rate stays around 19, I would ask him if more min PS will help. There are some leaks to fix on the f20. Have you used the mask fit function on the machine that blows a higher pressure?

You were titrated on max PS:7 by the look of it? Ask your doctor, but it doesn't seem to be working for you. As well as switching to auto and setting min and max epap, like you would with setting min and max pressure on an APAP. I would ask about raising the max PS more, as you can see by the IPAP 95% and max being the same, as well as the chart, that the machine is being choked down. The default is max PS:15.
This titration guide may help you get your head around it
https://www.scribd.com/document/35340282...-Titration
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night: (more follows)
[Image: hQ8ylBJ.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave:  I don't see your settings!
Ajack:  I think my doc is ok with changes.  As far as fitting the mask, the short things are probably scratching itches and my DME lady told me not to worry about them.  The machine gives me a smiling face!
Sleeprider:  I made all of your suggested changes except IPAP Max 20.0.  That was not an option.  When you select Auto, you don't get that option.  (Changed EPAP min and max, PS min and max)
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I only mentioned the IPAP max because that is effectively what you get with the EPAP max + PS max. You did fine, and I'm sure you will have some improved results. How is comfort so far?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,046 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,882 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,350 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,804 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,295 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.