Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine
RE: ASV Machine
Walla walla - You mentioned Baby Shampoo.  I've got some Johnson's I think.  Put it on the foam mask edge?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
You're welcome Larry.

Best wishes that the P10 works well for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2018, 02:40 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Walla walla - You mentioned Baby Shampoo.  I've got some Johnson's I think.  Put it on the foam mask edge?

No you wash your Beard with it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I shower every day and the beard gets washed with Dove soap.  I should mention that it's not much of a beard - individual whiskers are about 1/4 inch long.  About every 2 weeks I use a clipper on it.  I think the problem is that the pressure tester uses pretty high pressure.  To pass that test is probably going to require something on the beard or something on the mask.  We'll see if the stuff I ordered helps.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2018, 10:15 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: This is last night.  10 H, 82 LL, and 10 unclassified.  Almost all of the hypopnea and unclassified line up with the large leaks.  I think I need to raise my min EPAP from 9 to 10 but absolutely need to adjust the mask to my beard.  Not so easy.
[Image: LvgT8DN.png]
I'd leave it for now, the machine is working okay. Your AHI remained good, even though you had a rough night, needing epap 95% 12.7 and max 15. 
I'd actually fix the leaks before making any further adjustments. I hope the p10 works for you.
With the f20, just clipping your beard should be enough to get a seal, I use a hair clipper on mine and it works well with the f20, it brings it down to about a one day growth. I seldom use my electric shaver and never a blade, as it stirs up my psoriasis.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you plan to try the P10 mask soon, I would suggest your pressure needs with that may actually drop. Hang in there.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  I trimmed my beard and took min EPAP to 9.4.
[Image: Vmfl7jy.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
You're headed in the right direction Larry. I say that because of large leaks only at the beginning of your most recent. AHI is down as well. Keep up the good work on this. It will pay back with some good sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
well that brought your median leak down from 33 at 95% to 23. Only 5% was about the 25 threshold. So it was worth the effort. When you are working on leaks, it may be worth swapping the mask pressure for the leak chart.
How are you going with getting your chin up and head back on a pillow you like, or a foam collar? That cluster at midnight looks like positional to me. Going to sleep or waking up, may be sleep wake junk? The machine seems to handle that okay
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 09:32 AM)ajack Wrote: well that brought your median leak down from 33 at 95% to 23. Only 5% was about the 25 threshold.  So it was worth the effort. When you are working on leaks, it may be worth swapping the mask pressure for the leak chart.
How are you going with getting your chin up and head back on a pillow you like, or a foam collar? That cluster at midnight looks like positional to me. Going to sleep or waking up, may be sleep wake junk? The machine seems to handle that okay

Well, I trimmed my beard yesterday - apparently that did some good or else raising EPAP from 9 to 9.4.  The problem is the test for leakage is the stupid face not a guage.  I still don't pass and I have no idea if it helped although I think it did.  I still haven't gotten a new cervical collar.  Maybe today.

Dave - thanks.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,211 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,887 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,353 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,806 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,299 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.