Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine
ASV Machine
This is last night - the first night with the new ASV ResMed machine.  I had a problem with the mask (a P20 with foam) around 3:30.  Generally a improvement.  The doc called last night and wants me to call him today with the results (I will).  I also received the sleep study but I'm not sure what to do with the nine pages of it.
[Image: 1r37nd1.png]
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Machine
That's not a bad first time score.  You would probably get even better results using the Auto mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted to get another night in before I made any switches.  Thank you.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks very good. You will eventually want to use ASVauto mode to allow EPAP to move within a set range to prevent obstructive apnea, but for now I think this gives a great baseline. The PS range of 2 to 7 does not allow the machine to overcome some apneas and will probably need to be increased, which will increase the max IPAP. For an EPAP pressure of 8.0, that is a very low max IPAP. As you can see, when events were not resolved, your machine hit the maximum settings. That tells us you need a bit more room for pressure support and/or EPAP to move.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what you're saying is to change ASV to AutoASV and switch PS MAX to 8 (from 7) and Mx IPAP to 16.  Is that right?  Thanks.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the ASV Larry.

To my eyes, the good news is that it looks like you have room for more optimal settings and you have the right people on the case to help you.

Look forward to following your progress.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry,

Congrats on getting the ASV. I used Mom's all-in-one printer to scan sleep study pages to the PC then used Imgur to post them here. You may not need Imgur now. I see Sleeprider's point and agree. And if I'm following correctly, yes change it to ASV Auto (I run that too). It makes EPAP a range not a single low side pressure. And the others he mentioned as well. Best to success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bill.  It's been quite a grind!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,

I'm a bit cloudy.  If I change from ASV to ASV Auto, do I change PS or does that all happen automagically?  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2018, 11:57 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: Dave,

I'm a bit cloudy.  If I change from ASV to ASV Auto, do I change PS or does that all happen automagically?  Thanks!

I have no objection to you logging some nights with ASV mode.  If you change to ASVauto, then I think the following settings should be considered:
Mode ASVauto
EPAP min 7.0
EPAP max 10.0
PS min2.0
PS max 10.0
IPAP max 20.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,276 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,863 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,342 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,787 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,280 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.