Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine Pressure.
RE: ASV Machine Pressure.
(09-08-2018, 12:19 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Thanks, Dave.

You're welcome, glad to see you're hanging in there.

PS the 38 leak rate was meant to say the Sleepyhead setting for the graph, but I guess you'd figured that out by now. Good weekend to y'all
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night.  The numbers are a little better, but the night was truly awful.  I woke up around midnight, watched tv for an hour, and tossed and turned the rest of the night - no sleep.  AHI was 1.01, Hypopnea was 7, and large leaks was 52.  I did whatever I said I would do and used a chinstrap under the mask.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry, are you more comfortable with the higher or lower EPAP pressure, or do you not perceive a difference?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I don't think I perceive a difference.  What I DO notice is the increase in mask leak pressure.  Normally (I think) that pressure is very close to zero.  That is MUCH more comfortable.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
If lower pressures relieve your leak rate and you want to try an EPAP min of 7.0, feel free to give it a try. I don't see any issues with obstruction at 8.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks.  I will set EPAP min to 7.  A problem that I am having probably due to the stroke is that I no longer know what EPAP is!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
EPAP is the lowest pressure your machine delivers while you are exhaling. Your Auto ASV increases that pressure as needed up to the EPAP max pressure. The acronym is for Expiratory Positive Air Pressure. Every time you inhale, the machine increases pressure by at least 3-cm (PS min) and up to 12-cm (PS-Max). We use EPAP minimum pressure to prevent obstructive apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I'm a little confused though.  Using the same mask, I sometimes show very low mask leak pressure - sometimes an AHI of 0.0!  It changes though and I don't know why.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know either Larry. We're just trying to find settings that make you feel most comfortable. I think your sense of comfort will change from day to day, and we can't always point to the ASV therapy as the cause for the difference. All we can do is make it as good as possible. You have other health issues that are going to cause how you feel to vary.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider.  I guess we'll just have to keep trying!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 398 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,165 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
Exclaimation Novices ask for help to adjust the pressure parameters of the machine kfen 0 417 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kfen
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.