Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine Pressure.
RE: ASV Machine Pressure.
This is last night.  The only change was EPAP min 7 and a slight loosening of mask.  I'd rate the sleep as "medium".  I woke up, peed, and went back to sleep.  AHI 1.64, Hypopnea 13, large leak 15.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Still looks pretty good Larry. Let's try keeping these settings but give you just a little boost in PS min to 3.6. I could use a mask pressure or pressure chart in the next post to help see what level of pressure support seems to be needed. I'm targeting hypopnea with the increased PS min. Your leak rate is way down here, and the respiratory rate appears more consistent...looking good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider.  I'm changing PSMIN to 3.6.  I am sending a screenshot of Pressure and Mask Pressure and will try to remember to do that tomorrow as well.  If I don't just please remind me - I tend to forget stuff a lot!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I just set PS max to 3.6.  I noticed that there is an asterik (*) blinking at the top after I go back to normal.  Do you or anyone else know what that means?  (This a relatively new ResMed ASV machine)
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
if it's what I think it is, it's a fan icon indicating air movement that cools humidifier and dries the hose after stopping therapy. runs for 20 minutes or so after turning therapy air pressure off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2018, 10:49 AM)sheepless Wrote: if it's what I think it is, it's a fan icon indicating air movement that cools humidifier and dries the hose after stopping therapy.  runs for 20 minutes or so after turning therapy air pressure off.

That would be my answer as well.

Larry, did you just turn your ASV off when that icon showed?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Dave and Sheepless.  When I was setting that thing to 3.6 I probably turned it on and off by mistake.  I guess that's nothing to worry about!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2018, 11:34 AM)LarryRapp Wrote: Thanks, Dave and Sheepless.  When I was setting that thing to 3.6 I probably turned it on and off by mistake.  I guess that's nothing to worry about!

Welcome.

Yep, that would do it. That makes it a near definite that is the cool down mode symbol. Happy Monday...

PS investigative add-on:
BTW see image. That blue "snowflake" in upper right? If yes, that's cool down being active.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night.  Sleep was medium - went to sleep at 10, woke up around 12:30.  AHI 1.89, Hypopnea 14, Large Leak 75.  I'm beginning to think that this mask might be defective.  I am using a chin strap under it but it seems to really leak.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshot 1
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Machine Increases Pressure Without Input JeffNC 7 391 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,134 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
Exclaimation Novices ask for help to adjust the pressure parameters of the machine kfen 0 417 03-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: kfen
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.