Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Machine and COVID Symptoms
RE: ASV Machine and COVID Symptoms
For your next presentation you might want to have ResScan on your computer as that is definitely approved software. It shows much the same thing but is more difficult to use and not a visual. The doctor is probably not worth your time and effort. Hopefully you have moved on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, I will check that software out if I EVER need to go back to a medical professional.  Maybe that will help someone else who is not as far along as me.

My confidence in going it “my” way is because I have an unbiased, caring community where it is safe to ask “silly/simple/stupid” questions!

HNY

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had COVID Omicron symptoms for the past 9 days so far. My AHI instantly increased, primarily with an increase of obstructive events and a doubling of hypopneas. My wife and I both tested on the same day. She tested positive and I tested negative. My symptoms trailed hers by about a day, so retesting to get a positive result would not have been productive. Improvements have been gradual, but not completely over it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us updated on the fire and replace. I have to suppose your symptom recital and complaints weren't in acceptable format either. Id10t guy with a title sounds like.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2021, 04:15 PM)richdreher Wrote: Sleeprider, I will check that software out if I EVER need to go back to a medical professional.  Maybe that will help someone else who is not as far along as me.

My confidence in going it “my” way is because I have an unbiased, caring community where it is safe to ask “silly/simple/stupid” questions!

HNY

Rich

You have already helped others with similar issues.  The power of this forum is members helping members. I'm going to skip the bar this New Year's Eve. 

HNY

[Image: V5IZ4eOh.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I would say those are obstructive in nature or potentially complex apnea (starting as Central and ending as obstructive). You can often tell them apart because obstruction reduces the flow rate and then has large amplitude recovery breaths that decrease in amplitude (like yours are). Central recovery breaths are usually slowly increase as the brain slowly realizes it took too much of a break from breathing and you will often see 3 or 4 increasing amplitude breaths before recovery breaths hit max amplitude and then start decreasing.

The main advantage of getting a doctor on your side is if you ever end up in a pickle and need a prescription to get a replacement machine. Easier to try and get doctor on board when things are good rather than last minute when trying to get a replacement machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geer1,

You are quite the detective with your technical in nature narrative 

it was highly likely to be from the COVID bug, because it seems my traces are returning to normal (for me anyway).  Next week, I can post what is "normal" for me.

-Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
What can I say, it is my Mechanical Engineering nature. I expect you will be doing the same as you continue to piece together these details, its how our minds work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1, @sarcasticdave94, @sleeprider
Most likely my last post on this thread. 
I said I would post a GOOD trace after my Covid symptoms were all gone.

Look at this nice trace. I think this is my new normal:
We can start another thread if we choose to work on this "new normal"

Note: no Obstructive Apnea.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Before you conclude the UA is not OA, take a closer look at the wave-form as the pressure support hits it with all it has. If you don't see a significant inspiratory deflection, that is a closed airway, and the clusters suggest a positional issue. Things are starting to clear up nicely. Your choice on whether to start a new thread or not.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 196 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 935 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 294 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Covid Induced CA (Potentially) + UARS, Looking for Help with ASV Settings zfaulk 22 1,990 01-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: subconscious
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 493 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad Higher AHI after Covid Recovery - Oscar Data amfar33 3 355 01-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  some improvement but still having symptoms her.suit 1 246 01-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.