Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference?
RE: ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference?
I prescribe to the thought that ASV Auto mode would be better. It does not mean it will just automatically give good therapy however. I believe you do need to adjust the settings while viewing OSCAR data to optimize the ASV to your needs. ASV Auto gives you an EPAP and PS ranges to adjust. IPAP is a product of the algorithm adjustment of these EPAP and PS ranges. If you choose ASV, you have a static EPAP and a PS range.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup...

I agree what the big guy said and the sarcastic softie Dave.  Big Grin

To clarify the mode differences, it's simple.  ASV mode delivers a fixed expiratory pressure (EPAP) that may be set by you or your provider.  ASVauto adds a min/max EPAP range.  That's all.

So why not use the automatic windshield wipers on your car? It came with them.

The recommendations by ResMed is a good starting place for settings. Right or wrong (probably wrong) doesn't matter at this point. It will be a baseline to analyze and tweak the settings from.  Remember, one night on a given set of parameters means very little. I would recommend running the same settings for 3 to 5 nights unless for some reason it is just unbearable.  When I was closing in on my optimal settings, I would log 14 days without a change to the settings so I had enough data to analyze what was going on as seen in OSCAR, and give my body a chance to adjust, and see how I felt during the day. I would say a minimum would be a week between minor refinements.

Remember there are other variables too. The other big one would be your mask / pillows etc. and all their associated accessories.  Lots of moving parts to consider when trying to chase down a problem.

Just remember you are at square-one. Take it one step at a time and try to keep it simple.  Baby steps my friend.  Sleep-well
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Sleeprider said, jump in the water, we can and will help.
IMHO you have some of the best people in the world helping you here.  It's like Allstate, you are in good hands!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would same some of the best people in the world helping you as were not all from the US, jump in the water and we can help you swim
Post Reply Post Reply
Big Big Thanks to all you guys for the sincere assurance.
I hear you guys, ASVAuto mode.
One last thing before I order everything, I am still debating between Mirage Quattro or AirFit F20.
I am more leaning to Mirage Quattro as that is the one I tried with success, but did not have the chance to try the F20. I tried the Quattro Air which leaked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2020, 01:28 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: I would same some of the best people in the world helping you as were not all from the US, jump in the water and we can help you swim

Post edited, sorry about that.7
Post Reply Post Reply
I ONLy use the ASV mode because I do not need the ASV Auto mode (no obstructive apnea...just central).
I find that with variable EPAP pressure, it disturbs my sleep a lot.
With ASV mode, I can sleep all night with an AHI of below 1 (which is better than normal range)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,240 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,061 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 682 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.