Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape.
ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape.
I stumbled into some luck, thought I'd share it.  I taped my mouth shut for about two years, and tried quitting it several times but had no luck.  Too many leaks.  Always had to go back to it -- using Cover Roll tape, and sometimes double the layers on it.  One thing I have not liked about the N20 mask is the exhalation port is right by the cushion.  Too many times, the air would blow onto my sheets and bounce back and blow onto me -- and that would wake me up.  So I thought I'd try moving the port closer to the heated hose connection.  I looked into my box of spare parts and found a hose connector from the F30i mask.  With a little tape, I made a decent connection to the existing N20 connector hose.  And the F30i connector plugged into the heated hose.  And I used tape to cover the stock exhale port holes of the N20 connector.  Careful taping allowed full swivel action as desired.

It was a noticeable difference in my breathing and sleep.  It felt so comfortable that on the third night I decided to try it without taping my mouth shut.  It's been over 3 months now since I stopped taping.  I have very few leaks, and they're small if they do occur -- and no more blow back air waking me up.  The only issue I've had is noticeably more moisture in the connector tube.  So I wrapped the tube to insulate it just like the heated tube has the fleece cover on it.  Not only did I solve the blow back issue, but I solved the tape issue also -- which I wasn't expecting.  Win Win.

Just sharing in case it helps someone.  I use the Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 127 04-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Novel alternative to tape? HalfAsleep 4 282 04-23-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 10 1,413 04-23-2024, 05:30 PM
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 177 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 971 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 149 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 698 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.