Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV - Need to know what it means & what machines treat it
ASV - Need to know what it means & what machines treat it
My new sleep doc says I may have complex sleep apnea because of central or clear airway apneas.
After a new sleep study to confirm his suspicions he suggested I may need an ASV capable machine. The doc's description suggested that ASV caused the xPAP machine to also act like a ventilator.
I thought I could just shop on line to discover such a machine and learn all about it.

I would like to better understand ASV and which machines are capable of providing ASV support.

When I searched Apnea Board and supplier no 1 for ASV, I got nothing.

So for those of you smarter than me, I need some education.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV - Need to know what it means & what machines treat it
A lot of online retailers list their ASV machines under the Bilevel ones.

They're called the autoSV, ASV, sometimes they are called "VPAP" but that's misleading since not all VPAPs are for treating CSA.

Resmed's is the S9 VPAP Adapt http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_vpa...c=patients

P-R's is the BiPAP autoSV Advanced. http://www.healthcare.philips.com/us_en/...efault.wpd
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Paula02. that is exactly what I needed to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bwexler,
If I'm not mistaken, ASV stands for Adapt Surbo Ventalator.
Good luck with your upcoming sleep study.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
try this link for an explanation:
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_vpa...c=patients
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another source, basically supporting the options that Paula posted.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...PAP.2FVPAP

Those better Respironics and ResMed machines are recommended by lots of other users around here, too.

The two machines give you all the data possible, and there's software available that makes it easy to see and interpret the data. There are subtle differences, like ResMed displays more on-screen info, but the more-detailed data displayed on computer screens is stored for only a week versus Respironics which seems to have no time limit. The free official software for ResMed is probably better than the harder-to-find EncoreBasic for Respironics. But SleepyHead is free open-source software that works with both, and despite being beta it's in many ways the best.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 65 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  How can I treat primarily "Clear Airway" events? mcrick 13 987 02-04-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  [Treatment] Can nasal airway stent help UARS but not completely treat it? airwaystent 9 974 12-19-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.