Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV PS Mİn/Max
ASV PS Mİn/Max

Hi, More than a month I've been using Philips ASV machine.
Epap min / max is 7/8.This settings are suitable for me.but I have to choose 0-15 (min-max) values for pressure support.I've tried the following settings for the ps.7/8, 3/15, 2/4,8/15...
Why not just 0-15 turns out to be low in the range of AHI?
When I selected ps min zero, IPAP Automatically starting from seven.Be cause epap min is seven.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV PS Mİn/Max
(05-01-2016, 12:01 PM)aergun Wrote: Hi, More than a month I've been using Philips ASV machine.
Epap min / max is 7/8.This settings are suitable for me.but I have to choose 0-15 (min-max) values for pressure support.I've tried the following settings for the ps.7/8, 3/15, 2/4,8/15...
Why not just 0-15 turns out to be low in the range of AHI?
When I selected ps min zero, IPAP Automatically starting from seven.Be cause epap min is seven.

My PS settings, recommended by the sleep center doctor, were 0-15. I've since tried PSmin of 1,2, and 3, but I don't see any big effects. Occasionally one or two centrals will slip through in the course of a night at any of those settings. My AHI is almost always below 5, and it's almost entirely hypos.

So I guess it depends on what your AHI is, and how it breaks down into OAs, CA, and hypos. There's some difference of opinion (here on the board) as to whether hypos are best reduced by raising EPAP or PS.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV PS Mİn/Max
I'll be interested in hearing what happens if you follow Jason's advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.