Humidifier: Heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Max16; EPAP 4-12; PS 3-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Bi flex 2; Mask Res 2; Humid 2-4; OS: Win7Pro, 32 bit

Sex: Male

ASV Respironics 960 SD Card and Graphs
Hello,
Need some help, Pleeeze?

I have a three main questions. The first question is about my SD card. Somehow while thinking I was making a backup file from the SD card (turns out not to be a good idea), I must have corrupted some files and my 960 did not accept/read my card on reinsertion. I am 3 months into my rent to own with Blue Cross. My machine does have a phone modem so I think I will be ok - compliance wise. I also use SleepyHead 0.9.6 and have all my data. I reinserted a new 2GB SD card and the machine accepted it with no problem. Should I be worried about my original SD card not working, can I repair it with files from my SleepyHead profile file? Should I just reformat the original SD card and move on, or perhaps just hold on to it till my 10 month rent to own period has expired. I did not contact my DME yet regarding this blunder. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Second question is regarding Encore Pro, would it be possible for someone to send me information on how to obtain it.
Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit.

Third question is regarding the pressure graph on SleepyHead.
The EPAP line is straight forward, I think. But the IPAP lines are somewhat more confusing. min IPAP line = EPAP(4) + PS(2) up to max setting; IPAP line = EPAP + PS min to max, and max IPAP. I cannot understand the three lines representing a single(inhalation)[/font] pressure. Are IPAP min and max only showing some algorithmic pull or tension on the baseline regular IPAP(Red). Confused in PA, USA.
I will wait for another post to address some therapy questions
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014 10:36 PM by TokenGuy.)
09-15-2014 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Terry Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips Respironics RemStar Auto with A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P/R Nuance & Pap Cap
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: Auto
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: ASV Respironics 960 SD Card and Graphs
(09-15-2014 05:36 PM)TokenGuy Wrote:  I have a three main questions. The first question is about my SD card. Somehow while thinking I was making a backup file from the SD card (turns out not to be a good idea), I must have corrupted some files and my 960 did not accept/read my card on reinsertion. I am 3 months into my rent to own with Blue Cross. My machine does have a phone modem so I think I will be ok -

The machine holds all the data that your DME needs and rewrites it on to the new card, so you'll be fine with compliance data.

If they ask what happened, just tell them you lost the old card.

Since SleepyHead keeps a copy of your data, you can just continue on with your new card and SleepyHead. If the new card ever dies, you can reformat the old card and use it.

The machine keeps the all internally, so the card isn't irreplaceable.

Terry

PS. As you learned, you need to write-protect the card.

SleepyHead will never write to it, but Windows will.
09-16-2014 09:47 AM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(09-15-2014 05:36 PM)TokenGuy Wrote:  Third question is regarding the pressure graph on SleepyHead.
The EPAP line is straight forward, I think. But the IPAP lines are somewhat more confusing. min IPAP line = EPAP(4) + PS(2) up to max setting; IPAP line = EPAP + PS min to max, and max IPAP. I cannot understand the three lines representing a single(inhalation)[/font] pressure. Are IPAP min and max only showing some algorithmic pull or tension on the baseline regular IPAP(Red).

Hi TokenGuy, welcome to the forum!!

I do not use SleepyHead much, but I think the IPAP Min line and IPAP Max line would be showing the limits between which the actual IPAP plot must remain.

I think the present EPAP value is subjected to a slow pull toward the EPAP Min line. (This is definitely true for the present ResMed ASV machine, the S9 VPAP Adapt,)

Since any change in EPAP causes IPAP to change by the same amount (because IPAP = EPAP + PS), the slow pull lower on EPAP effectively exerts a slow pull lower on IPAP.

Likewise, a slow pull lower on PS also exerts a slow pull lower on IPAP. PS is adjusted (very rapidly, breath by breath) with the goal of maintaining 95% of the recent average peak airflow. (I think the target is 95% percent of the recent average peak Flow.) Since 95% is less than 100%, this represents a slow pull lower.

By the way, your profile currently says, CPAP Pressure: EPAP Min-4; Max-11;PS-5

So your EPAP Min setting is 4, and EPAP Max is 11. Is PS fixed at 5? (That is, is the PS Min setting the same as the PS Max setting?) What is the Max Pressure setting set to?

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 04:16 AM by vsheline.)
09-17-2014 04:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(09-16-2014 09:47 AM)Terry Wrote:  The machine holds all the data that your DME needs and rewrites it on to the new card, so you'll be fine with compliance data.

If they ask what happened, just tell them you lost the old card.

Since SleepyHead keeps a copy of your data, you can just continue on with your new card and SleepyHead. If the new card ever dies, you can reformat the old card and use it.

The machine keeps the all internally, so the card isn't irreplaceable.

Terry

PS. As you learned, you need to write-protect the card.

SleepyHead will never write to it, but Windows will.

You sort of said it, but the machine only keeps some of the data internally. The high volume flow data only goes on the SD card, but the machine keeps at least the compliance data. I forget whether it keeps AHI data, but I think it does.

Windows 8.1 only corrupts S9 data cards. PRS1 machines don't care about the stuff Win8.1 does to the card.

Actually, Win8 doesn't "corrupt" any of the data on the SD card, its just that ResMed S9 machines are screwy about seeing extra data on the card.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
09-17-2014 04:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 82 Today 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 68 Yesterday 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 126 12-03-2016 12:52 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 20,005 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  3 graphs that are saving my life Rcgop 4 327 11-23-2016 02:23 AM
Last Post: PoolQ
  respironics pillow covers? metropical 3 242 11-08-2016 11:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics Sleep Easy Question Rich 5 4,578 11-01-2016 10:56 PM
Last Post: Star