Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV Respironics 960 SD Card and Graphs
ASV Respironics 960 SD Card and Graphs
Hello,
Need some help, Pleeeze?

I have a three main questions. The first question is about my SD card. Somehow while thinking I was making a backup file from the SD card (turns out not to be a good idea), I must have corrupted some files and my 960 did not accept/read my card on reinsertion. I am 3 months into my rent to own with Blue Cross. My machine does have a phone modem so I think I will be ok - compliance wise. I also use SleepyHead 0.9.6 and have all my data. I reinserted a new 2GB SD card and the machine accepted it with no problem. Should I be worried about my original SD card not working, can I repair it with files from my SleepyHead profile file? Should I just reformat the original SD card and move on, or perhaps just hold on to it till my 10 month rent to own period has expired. I did not contact my DME yet regarding this blunder. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Second question is regarding Encore Pro, would it be possible for someone to send me information on how to obtain it.
Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit.

Third question is regarding the pressure graph on SleepyHead.
The EPAP line is straight forward, I think. But the IPAP lines are somewhat more confusing. min IPAP line = EPAP(4) + PS(2) up to max setting; IPAP line = EPAP + PS min to max, and max IPAP. I cannot understand the three lines representing a single(inhalation)[/font] pressure. Are IPAP min and max only showing some algorithmic pull or tension on the baseline regular IPAP(Red). Confused in PA, USA.
I will wait for another post to address some therapy questions
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV Respironics 960 SD Card and Graphs
(09-15-2014, 05:36 PM)TokenGuy Wrote: I have a three main questions. The first question is about my SD card. Somehow while thinking I was making a backup file from the SD card (turns out not to be a good idea), I must have corrupted some files and my 960 did not accept/read my card on reinsertion. I am 3 months into my rent to own with Blue Cross. My machine does have a phone modem so I think I will be ok -

The machine holds all the data that your DME needs and rewrites it on to the new card, so you'll be fine with compliance data.

If they ask what happened, just tell them you lost the old card.

Since SleepyHead keeps a copy of your data, you can just continue on with your new card and SleepyHead. If the new card ever dies, you can reformat the old card and use it.

The machine keeps the all internally, so the card isn't irreplaceable.

Terry

PS. As you learned, you need to write-protect the card.

SleepyHead will never write to it, but Windows will.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2014, 05:36 PM)TokenGuy Wrote: Third question is regarding the pressure graph on SleepyHead.
The EPAP line is straight forward, I think. But the IPAP lines are somewhat more confusing. min IPAP line = EPAP(4) + PS(2) up to max setting; IPAP line = EPAP + PS min to max, and max IPAP. I cannot understand the three lines representing a single(inhalation)[/font] pressure. Are IPAP min and max only showing some algorithmic pull or tension on the baseline regular IPAP(Red).

Hi TokenGuy, welcome to the forum!!

I do not use SleepyHead much, but I think the IPAP Min line and IPAP Max line would be showing the limits between which the actual IPAP plot must remain.

I think the present EPAP value is subjected to a slow pull toward the EPAP Min line. (This is definitely true for the present ResMed ASV machine, the S9 VPAP Adapt,)

Since any change in EPAP causes IPAP to change by the same amount (because IPAP = EPAP + PS), the slow pull lower on EPAP effectively exerts a slow pull lower on IPAP.

Likewise, a slow pull lower on PS also exerts a slow pull lower on IPAP. PS is adjusted (very rapidly, breath by breath) with the goal of maintaining 95% of the recent average peak airflow. (I think the target is 95% percent of the recent average peak Flow.) Since 95% is less than 100%, this represents a slow pull lower.

By the way, your profile currently says, CPAP Pressure: EPAP Min-4; Max-11;PS-5

So your EPAP Min setting is 4, and EPAP Max is 11. Is PS fixed at 5? (That is, is the PS Min setting the same as the PS Max setting?) What is the Max Pressure setting set to?

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2014, 09:47 AM)Terry Wrote: The machine holds all the data that your DME needs and rewrites it on to the new card, so you'll be fine with compliance data.

If they ask what happened, just tell them you lost the old card.

Since SleepyHead keeps a copy of your data, you can just continue on with your new card and SleepyHead. If the new card ever dies, you can reformat the old card and use it.

The machine keeps the all internally, so the card isn't irreplaceable.

Terry

PS. As you learned, you need to write-protect the card.

SleepyHead will never write to it, but Windows will.

You sort of said it, but the machine only keeps some of the data internally. The high volume flow data only goes on the SD card, but the machine keeps at least the compliance data. I forget whether it keeps AHI data, but I think it does.

Windows 8.1 only corrupts S9 data cards. PRS1 machines don't care about the stuff Win8.1 does to the card.

Actually, Win8 doesn't "corrupt" any of the data on the SD card, its just that ResMed S9 machines are screwy about seeing extra data on the card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 39 2,112 04-06-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 203 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 289 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,237 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 268 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.