Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV... Still waking up several times
ASV... Still waking up several times
Hi all! I've been struggling with this ASV machine for a few months now and I'm still not getting long stretches of sleep like I need to be getting. 

The first night I used it, I woke up after about an hour, with very painful aerophagia. I lowered the pressure settings and since then I haven't had aerophagia that badly again, but I do still get it every night, usually to the point that it's uncomfortable and I have some big burps, occasionally not very noticeable until later the next day when it's made it's way down. 

Another thing I've noticed is that it seems like the machine wants me to breathe a little faster and deeper than I normally do. I've noticed when I'm still awake that I sometimes get blasted with air when I was just about to inhale, or while I'm inhaling. 

I got a nasal mask to try out, because I don't like having something covering so much of my face, but it's sort of hit or miss because I have a deviated septum and apparently turbinates that swell a lot of times at night. The first night I tried the nasal mask, I actually fell asleep sitting up in my bed, and woke up 7 hours later... With an achy neck but excited at having gotten 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. But that hasn't happened again. 

A few weeks ago, I tried a makeshift chin strap, and that night I got 6 hours of sleep without waking, but the very next night, with the same makeshift chin strap, I went right back to waking up every 2½-3 hours. I have an actual chinstrap on the way, in hopes that will help. 

I've elevated the head of my bed by putting blocks under the feet at that end and a folded up blanket under my mattress. I've stopped eating dinner right before laying down, instead waiting at least an hour, lately 2 or 3 hours, before laying down. I don't know what else to do. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Which OSCAR charts would be most helpful, if any? 

Thanks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV... Still waking up several times
(09-06-2022, 08:10 PM)kps619 Wrote: Which OSCAR charts would be most helpful, if any?

A screenshot of your daily graph(s) will do.  The preferred order can be found in the wiki here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SCAR_chart
You can also use View > Reset Graphs > Standard to set the order they appear.

For the screenshot please use the function in OSCAR.  For Windows F12, for Mac fn+F12, or from the OSCAR menubar View > Take Screenshot.

And to attach your screenshot(s) into a forum post: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...top_or_Mac
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 117 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 262 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.