Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[ASV] Timed breaths and Patient Triggered Breaths
RE: [ASV] Timed breaths and Patient Triggered Breaths
It does look like your machine is providing timed breaths during the ramp phase. Mine does not as far as I could tell. It also appears that your machine is making a good effort at delivering breaths when you fail to do so yourself. The problem seems to be that you don't always accept the machine offered breaths. In your other thread you posted an image of an OA event and a question about higher pressures making CAs worse. This is what happens to me and most other CA sufferers when on standard CPAP machines higher pressures transform HAs to CAs. I am concerned that your machine is an older model and doesn't quite have the algorithm to deal with your issues. There is an "Advanced" model of your machine and that one seems to have a new algorithm. I would be interested to see what others have to say about this.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 08:26 PM)richb Wrote: In your other thread you posted an image of an OA event and a question about higher pressures making CAs worse. This is what happens to me and most other CA sufferers when on standard CPAP machines higher pressures transform HAs to CAs. I am concerned that your machine is an older model and doesn't quite have the algorithm to deal with your issues. There is an "Advanced" model of your machine and that one seems to have a new algorithm. I would be interested to see what others have to say about this.

Rich

I wonder if, under the circumstances, raising EPAP min was a bad idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I wonder if, under the circumstances, raising EPAP min was a bad idea.

Finding the best pressures requires some compromises. You probably were better off at the slightly lower pressures.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 08:47 PM)richb Wrote: Finding the best pressures requires some compromises. You probably were better off at the slightly lower pressures.

Rich

It seems so. I appreciate the help.

Incidentally, my machine supposedly is the "advanced" series 60.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with self-titrating BiPAP for UARS - low % of spontaneously triggered breaths? Bibbbooker 21 907 01-29-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New patient Mach9 7 639 12-12-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Mach9
  Intermittent large breaths jwest 0 304 08-20-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: jwest
Question [Diagnosis] What are these deep breaths and holds? phr00t 8 1,371 07-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Xeros
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 1,017 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54
Idea [Treatment] Directory of patient-enabling CPAP Treatment Providers EasySleep 12 1,111 04-27-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is in-lab titration study needed for higher-risk patient who wants to avoid COVID? DevinJones 19 1,482 03-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Last Post: DevinJones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.