Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[ASV] Timed breaths and Patient Triggered Breaths
It does look like your machine is providing timed breaths during the ramp phase. Mine does not as far as I could tell. It also appears that your machine is making a good effort at delivering breaths when you fail to do so yourself. The problem seems to be that you don't always accept the machine offered breaths. In your other thread you posted an image of an OA event and a question about higher pressures making CAs worse. This is what happens to me and most other CA sufferers when on standard CPAP machines higher pressures transform HAs to CAs. I am concerned that your machine is an older model and doesn't quite have the algorithm to deal with your issues. There is an "Advanced" model of your machine and that one seems to have a new algorithm. I would be interested to see what others have to say about this.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post from Imgur

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2016, 08:26 PM)richb Wrote: In your other thread you posted an image of an OA event and a question about higher pressures making CAs worse. This is what happens to me and most other CA sufferers when on standard CPAP machines higher pressures transform HAs to CAs. I am concerned that your machine is an older model and doesn't quite have the algorithm to deal with your issues. There is an "Advanced" model of your machine and that one seems to have a new algorithm. I would be interested to see what others have to say about this.

Rich

I wonder if, under the circumstances, raising EPAP min was a bad idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I wonder if, under the circumstances, raising EPAP min was a bad idea.

Finding the best pressures requires some compromises. You probably were better off at the slightly lower pressures.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post from Imgur

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-15-2016, 08:47 PM)richb Wrote: Finding the best pressures requires some compromises. You probably were better off at the slightly lower pressures.

Rich

It seems so. I appreciate the help.

Incidentally, my machine supposedly is the "advanced" series 60.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 16 301 Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro Johnbrooking 23 729 01-15-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Johnbrooking
  MAOI/antidepressant patient feeling worse with CPAP CPAPstruggler 15 2,149 10-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jbsix
  [CPAP] new CPAP patient: air pressure questions giftofsleep 6 657 09-21-2016, 12:00 AM
Last Post: chill
  New CPAP patient equipment expectations Grayhair 7 453 09-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed S9 EPR patient. What is it JTofSD 3 802 06-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New patient, AHI still high and I'm still snoring Daisylouu 15 3,873 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958