Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV and Insurance Question
RE: ASV and Insurance Question
natyprueba, if you hover your mouse cursor over the numbers at the left side of each graph, a window will come up with a few words of explanation and the units. All leaks are measured in L/min.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can not find the units because they are screenshots.
If all the leaks are measured in lt/min and this is valid for the top graphic, he got way too much leaks.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any better ? Box on left side shows my 95% Leak Rate is 11.0

[Image: 24nRCIfl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Rozenbob, if you're interested in seeing if that auto BiPAP can achieve better results, I would tweak the settings a bit. From what I see here, your EPAP min setting of 12 is fine. I would simply put the unit in auto B mode with EPAPmin at 12.0, PS min 2.0, PSmax 5.0, IPAPmax 17, and see if that drops your events. This will mostly let your machine self-titrate within the current parameters of your prescription, and the lower PS may not induce so much central apnea. The PS on this machine cannot resolve centrals like a ASV machine pressure support, which may be 8-12 cm on a breath by breath basis as centrals occur, causing a breath to be taken. It's your choice, but it may yield better results, or not. You are apparently on your way to ASV therapy.

Another thought. When you are finally prescribed a new ASV machine, I would push for a Resmed ASV rather than the Respironics S/V Adapt. I have seen both machines work well, but more people seem to find the Resmed works with them with fewer adjustments and tweaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What to believe?

The post # 11 says that the units in the leak graphics are in liter/min.
If you watch the graphics titled as "leaks". You got two curves, and the top one is an average of 40 . If you got 40 l/min of leak everything is wrong.
That was my first post and now I got even more loss, because I don't know what is going on.
The culprit is Sleepyhead because everything must come with the units .
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:The culprit is Sleepyhead because everything must come with the units .

I already told you SleepyHead does provide the units and they are L/min. Mark has chosen not to clutter up the display by including units which are commonly known, but makes these accessible by hovering the mouse over the scale numbers.

Leaks have two components: 1) The intended leak, which is designed in to the mask and allows exhaled breath to escape, carrying away CO2. 2) The unintended leak, which is what happens when air escapes from the mask and blows into your eyes or causes a face fart. "Total leaks" is the sum of 1) and 2). "Leak rate" is the unintended leak. Philips machines report both total leaks and unintended leaks - that's why there are two traces on the chart. Resmed machines only report the unintended leak.

rozenbob's leaks are under cotrol. Perhaps we can get back to helping him with his original questions (as answered by SleepRider and others above).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,517 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,861 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,575 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Question on Sleep Study and Insurance mawaw1992 11 905 10-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.