Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed Autoset II w/EPR and humidifier -ERROR
ResMed Autoset II w/EPR and humidifier -ERROR
Hello, I had to upgrade rather quickly one evening as my old CPAP: ResMed Autoset II was giving error:  System Error 1018.  Unsure what to do and needing a CPAP immediately I purchased an upgrade: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I'm on my second night with the Airsense and will probably be looking to this board for some assistance getting it set comfortably.  Bigwink My question in this thread is, should I keep the old unit or throw it out?  Does anybody know what system 1018 error is or if it can be fixed?  Would it be worth it as a backup machine?  Or is it best to just move forward and toss the old unit?  TIA!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Autoset II w/EPR and humidifier -ERROR
I assume you have power-cycled the machine and still have the error. The S8 Autoset II is no longer serviceable. If the machine has an error where it won't run, I don't know what value it would have as a backup, although I'm sure it could still hold a door open, or serve as a high-tech paper weight.

The S8 introduced the modern Autoset and was a good machine in its day. I think you could call ACbio on the Supplier list and ask them if they are familiar with error code 1018, however the machine does not have enough residual value to repair it. Many functional machines are available on Craigslist that would probably make a more reliable backup. Congrats on the new machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Autoset II w/EPR and humidifier -ERROR
Good points!  Thanks for helping me think it through all the way to the garbage bin. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.