Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV benefit
ASV benefit
MY AHI has been running 5 and below like last night it was 1.4. My question is I am scheduled for an ASV  sleep test because I was having trouble with centrals. 

Now that my numbers are low should I still have the test for the ASV machine? I don't know if insurance will cover it or not.

It took me about a year with different combinations of an RES med auto machine but having good luck with the numbers I am using now.

13 -16 with pressure support of 2

Could this be just a temporary situation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV benefit
As I recall, in the beginning your results were inconsistent at any pressure. It's good to hear you are getting good results now. I assume you are at 13-16 with EPR 2? What are your statistics showing for 7 and 30 days?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started getting results of 5 or less about a week ago so maybe I am jumping the gun but it is nice to sleep better. I will let you know later if my results of 5 or less continue.

My wife's number is usually about .2.But she is not on all the med I am.

Yes 13-16 with EPR of 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first sleep study wasn't bad, and I explained to the doctor that it was a good night for me and I normally have some VERY bad nights and that we shouldn't draw too much conclusion from one study (in my case).  Since starting therapy I was able to show on a daily basis just how bad things were for me and now I'm enjoying the benefits of ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2018, 04:05 PM)jerry1967 Wrote: I just started getting results of 5 or less about a week ago so maybe I am jumping the gun but it is nice to sleep better. I will let you know later if my results of 5 or less continue.

My wife's number is usually about .2.But she is not on all the med I am.

Yes 13-16 with EPR of 2.

I think you should stay on-track for consideration of ASV. Your recent results with AHI less than 5 are nice, but not yet typical.  With a year under  your belt, those long-term results are going to be back if nothing else has changed.  The sleep study is to determine if ASV shows efficacy, and I'd let that run its course.  If it works, and especially if it works better than your current therapy, that is a win!  You have nearly a year of suffering less than acceptable results. I sure would not assume things have suddenly been resolved, and your improved AHI has plenty of room for improvement and consistency.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, thanks. I have an appointment with the Dr. in a month. If I go back to my old numbers he told me to have a test for the ASV before I see him.

Sure wish there is a take home for ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I'm sure he wants to be sure your heart condition is suitable for ASV. None of us can predict when complex apnea will require something more than CPAP/BiPAP, but you have been doing this long enough to know you don't tolerate changing pressures or different EPAP/IPAP pressure. At some point if you want to treat central apnea, hypopnea and periodic breathing, ASV is the best choice. It's not something we push, but those that find it works are very happy they got it. It's not a one-way trip. If it doesn't help you, turn it back in for your Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Could I benefit from going to BiPap VAuto? vinhuard 29 1,684 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: vinhuard
  [Supposed UARS] No benefit from APAP after 3 weeks, continue to increase pressure? SteveIsTired22 7 896 10-10-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Would I benefit from an ASV? Sleepy Willy 21 2,302 05-15-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  CPAP may not benefit people older than 80 with sleep apnea DH07002 8 1,061 05-02-2022, 01:21 AM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  [CPAP] I don't feel any benefit from use of CPAP gordonharper 17 1,745 12-06-2021, 05:56 PM
Last Post: gordonharper
  Would these flow limitations benefit from a VAuto machine? Zackio 11 1,785 11-29-2020, 11:07 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  EPR Seems Not To Offer Any Benefit DarthSandman 4 1,472 09-27-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.