Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV noise
ASV noise
I'm new to this board but not to sleep apnea. I just switched from Respironic's legacy model to the 60 series ASV. My settings were also greatly reduced after a new sleep study and titration.

The machine snores louder than I do and is really irritating. There is no sound when I exhale but it really gears up during inhalation? Is this normal for this machine? I had been told it was quieter than the legacy but it is louder.

I had no breathing events during titration so my settings were put at minEpap 5 and minPS of O. Biflex is set at 2 (for six years I was at minEpap 10 min PS of 4 and had rise rate at 6). Last nights data showed 95 Epap of 6.7 and average pressure support of 6.7. I can't change the settings until after I see the anal doc or she will declare me as no compliant.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV noise
The sound levels of machines seems to vary and exceptionally loud ones are often exchanged. Sources of noise can include machine placement, seals in the humidifier and actual mechanical noise. I can hear my 60 series bipap, but it is not something that someone else in the room is generally aware of. My Resmed Vauto is essentially silent.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bons,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Take it back to the place where you got it and get it exchanged.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Good luck to you in getting your machine problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Depends on how much noise you are talking about. Have you tried to put a towel or mouse pad under the machine to isolate it from the nightstand? If I inhale quickly my machine makes much more noise than if I just breathe regularly. If it sounds like a duck it is most likely the humidifier seals
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a Respironics Bi-Pap Auto ASV Advanced for 2+ years and the only sound is a little bit of an air whoosh on the inhale (that pressure now at 21), and that really isn't the machine, but rather the humidifier seal. Machine should not be grinding, snoring or snorting.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,255 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 85 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 344 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.