Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV op BIPAP- which one?
RE: ASV op BIPAP- which one?
(01-11-2018, 04:58 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Allessio77 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:06 PM)ajack Wrote: I think what it means is that they aren't going to spend big money on a machine to fix 15 minutes of sleep wake junk. A member here had an issue with the SWJ with some minor desaturation under 88% The lab and doctor dismissed it.

So I should conclude that this type of phenomena is inconsequential to your health? Is the doctor right? Do you experience these end of night 'junk' centrals jack?

If I had a string of centrals shortly prior to waking up each morning, I'd be interested to know how much oxygen desaturation was occurring with them.
Here is a recent half hour before waking up..Look at 4:15 on...

[Image: x2OlQfB.png]

[Image: l3w2z3w.jpg]
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd love to see a closeup of one of those CA events. Just wondering if there's a chance they're actually obstructive and not clear airway events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 06:34 PM)Allessio77 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:58 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 03:57 PM)Allessio77 Wrote: So I should conclude that this type of phenomena is inconsequential to your health? Is the doctor right? Do you experience these end of night 'junk' centrals jack?

If I had a string of centrals shortly prior to waking up each morning, I'd be interested to know how much oxygen desaturation was occurring with them.

I think it is at least somewhat reassuring that there is no desat with those morning CAs.  Whether they are inconsequential to your health, I couldn't say.  What does your doc say about them?
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 08:58 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 06:34 PM)Allessio77 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:58 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: If I had a string of centrals shortly prior to waking up each morning, I'd be interested to know how much oxygen desaturation was occurring with them.

I think it is at least somewhat reassuring that there is no desat with those morning CAs.  Whether they are inconsequential to your health, I couldn't say.  What does your doc say about them?
The doc is concerned because I do have days when those O2 events ARE desats. She is opting to watch for another month to see if the therapy works to diminish either or both of the CA's and O2 events.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
lets get your min pressure up to 7 or 8 and max to 15, to get rid of some obstructive stuff. There are desats at 2:30.

I think some more min pressure will help you more than the SWJ concern. Also for the rest of the night. Pressure induced CA normally settle within 12 weeks at the new pressure for most people and aren't associated with a large desat. It's just the body getting use to CPAP. I would sort out the obstuctive first, then see what's left.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2018, 04:00 PM)ajack Wrote: lets get your min pressure up to 7 or 8 and max to 15, to get rid of some obstructive stuff. There are desats at 2:30.

I think some more min pressure will help you more than the SWJ concern. Also for the rest of the night. Pressure induced CA normally settle within 12 weeks at the new pressure for most people and aren't associated with a large desat. It's just the body getting use to CPAP. I would sort out the obstuctive first, then see what's left.

ajack, I don't have much obstructive!!..the night I posted is only 2 OA and 2 Hyp all night. But I do take your point. I think I will up my base pressure a bit. BTW, over the first month of therapy, the CA's were 68% of all events...thats pretty high.

I have in the last 10 days, cut the total number of events in half, but most are still CA. I do think the therapy is having an effect.
Began APAP 11/28/17
Post Reply Post Reply
You are ticking along nicely, I doubt you will need to move from cpap.
the median pressure was 7
your 95% was 9.84 and max pressure was 10, the same as your machine setting.
There wasn't much of a change in AHI from your other chart, but the median and 95% pressures seen constricted now.
https://i.imgur.com/zoCiw6U.png

The reason I would increase the min pressure 7, to be abound the median. Or 8, to be closer to 95% if it is accurate, was because this would help the OA, H and flow limits. It shouldn't affect CA and it may help fix some desats.

Pressure induced centrals is fairly common and settle down for most people within 12 weeks.
The lifting the max to 15 isn't needed as much, it was to get machine max setting out of the way. To see whether the 9.84 is an accurate 95% number, given the max on the machine is 10. The machine may be getting too choked down. This may increase your centrals a bit while you are testing, but it will give you an accurate 95% pressure, that you can work with. You may even want to move to a fixed pressure, a bit more that the 95% works better for some people..
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Have been sick with flu , nausea + cpap does'nt work Too-funny .

Anyway , My GP is sending me for a new polysomnogram to check where things stand. Could only get an appointment for the 30th of Jan.

In the meanwhile I will be getting a new oximeter to see what happens during the night with cpap.
Off topic , does anyone know if the PM60A pulse oximeter is compatible with sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
Glamdrhel, The PM60A, although made by Contec, is not directly compatible with SleepyHead. It is possible that the SpO2 Assistant software may create a file that can be read into SleepyHead, but nobody has tried.
Most of us use the Contec CMS50 D+, or E, or F versions which, as I recall, are less expensive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glamdrhel,
In addition to the Contec models that pholynyk mentioned, you can also use the "I" model.   It is like the "F" model but allows for multiple recording sessions as opposed to only one.  The 50I also reports a Perfusion Index parameter.  (Note:  I have yet to figure how to do anything useful with this data though.)  Also, you don't need to spend extra for the bluetooth option.  Sleepyhead doesn't use this feature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 521 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,172 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Do I need BiPAP subin 6 986 12-08-2020, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.