Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] AHI accuracy from AutoSv machine
AHI accuracy from AutoSv machine
Hi Folks,

I just starting using my Respronics advanced Bipap autosv again (story for another post). Things appear to be going well Sleepyhead is reporting my AHI to be less then 1. Is this accurate ?

I am feeling better but the difference is very slight day to day, but I feel better this week then the start of last week.

-Fred

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI accuracy from AutoSv machine
We can't really judge accuracy without seeing some SleepyHead graphs. But most nights, my AHI is below 1 so the number is credible.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on a ResMed ASV machine. My AHI is usually below 0.5.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious. Why do you doubt the reported data? Because you are not turning handsprings out of bed? For some folks, it takes weeks or even months to fully recover from a long time of no good sleep. I don't know if I fully subscribe to the strict hour-for-an-hour net sleep deficit theory, but i think there is evidence of a certain sleep deficit that one has to dig out of even if it's just healing the damage done.

I rotated out my old PRS! Auto a few days ago, earlier than I planned, and when I did, I checked the data (note that normally I DO NOT CHECK DATA more than once or twice a year). My AHI numbers ran from less than 1 to just over 1 ~ call it an average of 1. Still lack the energy I would like and find myself dragging. But I have a few more balls in the air than just OSA.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Using an s9 adapt, I really don't get much in the way of numbers for giudance.

I found that if I lower the maximum pressure support too much, then I get daytime symptoms of poor sleep. But that still didn't give me numbers as guidance.

Also, if I let my chin drop using this incline bed to reduce acid reflux, I get daytime symptoms of bad sleep. But still no numbers as guidance, even with arousals I can remember.

It's kinda like when I started cpap and had to expirement with the pressure because the sleep study pressure didn't work all that well, and I didn't really know what the numbers meant anyway.

So what do the numbers mean varies by person, I suppose.

I try to understand the flow chart to understand what might be going on from time to time, but I'm not too good at interpreting it.

But I figure things are going fairly well for now based on how I feel and by controlling some of these variables and settings that impact sleep quality.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much folks,

There is a lot more to my story. I will write up a short history and send the Sleepyhead graphs. I may need a day or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,352 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 769 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] BiPAP / AutoSV with largest possible water container FHTC 3 375 11-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Question about OSCAR accuracy during high leak periods raptosnorus 13 966 06-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: raptosnorus
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,866 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme Zackio 22 4,958 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: goku
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 539 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.