Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV questions
ASV questions
So I am on Aircurve VPAP now and have found that the Timax and cycle/trigger sensitivities setting have made a large impact in not my numbers, but my hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I was assuming that an ASV machine would have more adjustments available than my current machine. I downloaded the manual and it seems that the ASV does not even have the adjustments that my VPAP has.

Am I missing something, should I expect that the auto operation of the ASV is "better" at working with my particular sensitivities to machine interaction?

I noticed that true ventilators have all the settings that my VPAP has and MORE.

Looking to get "better" uninterrupted sleep, not lower AHI. I wake up between 2 and 10 times a night.

Advice, information, opinion
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV questions
Which actual machine are you on, PoolQ? VPAP terminology applied to the S9 series, not to the current Aircurve. Also I don't think there's a machine called the Aircurve APAP.

Resmed's ASV machines have quite limited manual adjustments and rely on sensors and software to optimise the efficacy and comfort. In my own case it works very well, and I have consistently low AHI and good compliance.

If you want an ASV with full manual adjustments you'll have to try the Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly, you should look beyond your machine for the solution to your awakenings. For instance, What wakes you up? What do you do while awake and to try to get back to sleep? Do you eat or drink within 2 hours of going to bed? Is your bedroom dark enough and does it stay that way?

Just some thoughts?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
interesting I always thought that the Resmed BiLevel was referred to as VPAP, no idea where I got that from. I use the VAUTO

okay so I found out where I got it from, the Resmed site Smile , they list all the Aircurve, even the ASV, as VPAP's as in Variable Positive Air Pressure. IE BiLevel operation. IIRC BiLevel is used by resperionics
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe you should buy yourself a trilogy, or a ST-A
Post Reply Post Reply
Payton,

I have tried to figure out what wakes me up and have failed to narrow it down to anything.
I wake up with the goal of taking the mask off, I sit up, stand up and walk around for less than 5 minutes and then remask up and go right to sleep. No noise or light. Very consistent every night, just different number of times.

I never did this before CPAP. with the adjustments I made in the first post, I mostly now only get up 2-3 times a night.
I sleep 10-11 hours at a time and my getting up usually stops between 4 & 6 am, giving me 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep at the end.

No food and only a sip of water. no coffee after 10am.

I the room has gotten too warm I do wake for that, but I know why and take off some covers and then sleep fine. The Hotel I stayed in last week was the same, all night.

Making those changes made a big difference so I thought that there might me more changes that would help on a different machine. It "seems" that I wake because I am fatigued from using the CPAP and just need to get vertical and take a break.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 09:53 PM)PoolQ Wrote: interesting I always thought that the Resmed BiLevel was referred to as VPAP, no idea where I got that from. I use the VAUTO
We're still confused about what machine you are using.

Yes, Resmed bilevels are indeed called VPAPs. PR's bilevels are BiPAPs.

The AirCurve is a bilevel. It is available as either an Auto adjusting bilevel or a fixed pressure bilevel.

The Auto adjusting AirCurve should be referred to as an AirCurve VPAP Auto. The fixed pressure one is an AirCurve VPAP S. If there's a "Timed" mode, the machine is an AirCurve VPAP ST.

Quote:they list all the Aircurve, even the ASV, as VPAP's as in Variable Positive Air Pressure. IE BiLevel operation.
Yes, but which of the Aircurves are we talking about?

Quote:IIRC BiLevel is used by resperionics
Bilevel is the generic term for any machine that has a separate IPAP and EPAP setting where IPAP - EPAP can be set for more than 3cm.

PR calls their bilevels BiPAPs. Resmed calls theres VPAPs.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I updated my profile to Aircurve 10 VAUTo, I thought that was correct? If not what is the correct for the "entry level" auto BiLevel CPAP machine? Now I am getting confused. It is not S or ST or ASV and it is Auto

This:
AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 10:45 PM)robysue Wrote: The Auto adjusting AirCurve should be referred to as an AirCurve VPAP Auto. The fixed pressure one is an AirCurve VPAP S. If there's a "Timed" mode, the machine is an AirCurve VPAP ST.

resmed does not use the term "VPAP" with the aircurve machines.

there is the aircurve 10 s, aircurve10 ST, aircurve 10 vauto and aircurve 10 asv.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting.
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...vices.html
please scroll down to the aircurve line and notice the VPAP heading for those machines, I am not sure what else that would be referring to?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.