Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV readings help please
ASV readings help please
        Hello, 

I am new to the sleep apnea world, and would like some guidance pretty please. I was prescribed an airsense 11 apap auto. and no matter how or high the pressure is i still stop breathing at night. Ill get a card in it and upload the data as soon as i can. but i do also have an ASV that i picked up because i hadn't slept for 5 days straight beforehand and i was desperate for sleep. the ASV seemed to work better at first but now i cant stay asleep with either i keep waking up due to either central or obstructive hypopneas, sleep expert says obstructive. please see original diagnostic. i also wear an 02 ring that wakes me up before my sp02 gets below 90% so you will see no AHI's can someone please look at my ASV data? i think i just need to up the epap, but any advice would be welcome. thank you very much! files are attached it would not let me insert it into the thread            
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV readings help please
I don't know what your results were with the Autoset CPAP, but the ASV has an AHI of zero. We probably need to help you optimize the ASV settings to not arouse your sleep, but this image and information provided, do not give us EPAP min, PS min, PS max and max pressure settings. Your sleep test offered no insights on whether central apnea was a component of your sleep disordered breathing. It might be helpful to see results from your APAP auto, but you really needed a more comprehensive sleep test.

I think we can help you to find more comfortable settings, but so-far, the information we are working from is pretty sparse. Please provide the settings you are using on ASV and if you can provide any insights from the Autoset data, that may help as well. Normally for starters, I would be using default ASVauto settings of EPAP min 4.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0. That is likely too aggressive for you, but we need to know where we are starting from. It seems to me from what we see here, that you can use a smaller range of EPAP and less maximum PS.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI=40.7
OAi=4.2
CAI= 0.0
MAI=0.0
uAI= 0.0
So no centrals
The ASV is not the correct machine for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:i also wear an 02 ring that wakes me up before my sp02 gets below 90%...

Why? The idea is to sleep, not get woken up all the time. If you really must use the alarm, at least set it to a value like 80%, when your O2 is getting down to more concerning territory.

I agree with Gideon the ASV is not the most appropriate machine, but it's what you have, so let's configure it to work for you. Use the settings Sleeprider suggested and go from there.

When you post your next Oscar chart, please include all the following graphs: Event flags, Flow rate, Pressure, Leak rate, Flow limitations. Also, please widen the left side panel so that each of the statistics only takes up one line, which in turn should allow your machine settings to show.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,192 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [Diagnosis] Request observations on readings/Leaks Bob Cali 11 1,089 07-29-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Bob Cali
  Help with Wellvue O2 ring readings joseph421 1 641 05-06-2023, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Apnope

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.