Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV try/rent
ASV try/rent
So I've been using my Resmed S9 Auto cpap on and off for a few years and it hasn't gone very well hence the off. I recently had a study done on respironics bi-pap which didnt work and the doc is sending me for a study on asv which he's pretty sure should help.

If I need an ASV machine I would like to try both the Resmed and Respironics before i buy one. My Resmed Auto Cpap couldn't be any more different than the Respironics Bi pap and Im not sure if the difference is between manufacturers or the Cpap vs Bipap. It really opened my eyes to the fact that not all machines are the same, in fact quite the opposite. Does anyone know where or how i could try/rent them? I will have a prescription.

Also, does anyone know anything about the new Respironics dreamstation bi pap auto sv (yes the dreamstation asv)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV try/rent
You will just have to call around to your DME's that work with your insurance and check with them. That seems to be a very strange request, because that would create the seller to resell a used machine.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, i realize any DME would probably not want to do that with a newmachine, which is why I was interested in finding someone that makes rentals part of their business. I understand some insurance covers machines in 90 day rental intervals and if the user is compliant they get to keep the machine after 13 months. Where are the machines that were reposessed sort of speak? I did find a company that rents cpap but no ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I can't help you re rental, but I do concur with your desire to try both machines. From my own experience (with the previous model) there is an enormous difference in the feel of the Resmed against the Philips. However the Philips does have a lot of adjustments which could perhaps cancel this out. The Resmed optimises everything automatically - some people (like me) love it, while others prefer the Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I know of the DME business, if the unit is returned for non-compliance the DME will return it to their supplier for credit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi funkdoobiest,

WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sites to rent machine for a month Kmzizzle 3 541 09-25-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is it ok to buy Refurbished CPAP machine? Rent ketanerp 1 746 09-20-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Insurance doesn’t cover rent-to-own orand 32 2,977 10-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Forced to rent a machine by DME, what can i do cheekoo 7 1,468 10-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen concentrator... should I buy instead of rent? S.L. Ping Beauty 3 1,442 12-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  CPAP Rent from DME FozzyDaBear 6 1,768 11-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Travel CPAP - can I rent one? davisesq212 8 8,577 01-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bill-e

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.