Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV vs ASV Auto on Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine
ASV vs ASV Auto on Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine
I have a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine and have been using it now for 2 weeks and I am having difficulty adjusting to it.  I noticed in the settings the machine provides
three options of use:  CPAP,  ASV,  and ASV Auto.   Can someone tell me the difference between ASV and ASV Auto.  The reason I ask is that when switching from ASV to ASV Auto, I appear to have less difficulty using and coping with the machine as it provides a more comfortable experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ASV vs ASV Auto on Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine
It seems that ASV auto is recommended most, but I'll leave that to the experts that use ASV.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line and post a screenshot here. This way, someone can view your settings and advise accordingly.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid205852

For some reason, doctors are setting patient's machines at fixed ASV. The ASVauto mode is brilliant in that it varies EPAP pressure to prevent obstructive apnea and uses the Pacewave algorithm to time and calibrate pressure support. I strongly recommend you change to ASVauto as it constantly adjusts the EPAP pressure in a small range to optimize treatment. Your sleep study may have established your settings based on as little as 20 minute trial. The ASVauto mode uses that foundation, and builds on it with a smart auto adjustment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 05:51 AM)ckingzzzs Wrote: I have a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV machine and have been using it now for 2 weeks and I am having difficulty adjusting to it.  I noticed in the settings the machine provides
three options of use:  CPAP,  ASV,  and ASV Auto.   Can someone tell me the difference between ASV and ASV Auto.  The reason I ask is that when switching from ASV to ASV Auto, I appear to have less difficulty using and coping with the machine as it provides a more comfortable experience.

do'H!

auto is always better 

one size fits nobody 

our needs change constantly
even sleeping position change can require different pressure

get congested from pollen or perfume and you need more
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2017, 09:00 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Read this post http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid205852

For some reason, doctors are setting patient's machines at fixed ASV.  The ASVauto mode is brilliant in that it varies EPAP pressure to prevent obstructive apnea and uses the Pacewave algorithm to time and calibrate pressure support.  I strongly recommend you change to ASVauto as it constantly adjusts the EPAP pressure in a small range to optimize treatment. Your sleep study may have established your settings based on as little as 20 minute trial.  The ASVauto mode uses that foundation, and builds on it with a smart auto adjustment.

This is what may RT did, plus the setting from my titration was way to high. I switched  to ASVauto within the first week, an basically use the default settings to titrate myself over a couple of weeks. Then started adjusting my pressure with the help of sleepyhead.
That has made getting used to therapy alot easier. 
I agree with Sleeprider the algorithm the ASVauto uses is wonderful.
An by the way I'm  a newbie also, just two an a half months into therapy. Making the switch in modes as the best thing I ever did.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to try ASV Auto tonight. Sometimes the fixed setting keep me awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
Enjoy!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope it work as good for you as it did for me. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor started me using the ASVAuto feature when I first got the machine.  I have never used the plain ASV feature alone.  My understanding is that the Auto feature titrates up to the pressure necessary to handle the obstructive apneas.  The ASV feature takes over to handle the central apneas.  

My exhale pressure varies from night to night, usually between 9 and 11, and the Auto feature adjusts accordingly.  Think you will have a better result using the Auto feature.   
I have never had any trouble adjusting to the machine comfort wise.  My event range varies between less than 1 and up to 3. I have no idea what causes the differe

Good luck.  It is a great machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 5 124 Yesterday, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,289 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,228 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  reboot aircurve 10 luebcke 4 148 03-06-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.