Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AT&T is nuts
We have two POTS line phones and two ATT DSL lines into the home. We received one letter mandating a change for the DSL associated with one phone number to ATT Uverse.

Finally called to schedule the switch -- surprise...
They are going to disconnect both DSL services.

Can I have Uverse internet on both? No. Only one Uverse per address. Now, that just does not make sense.

So, it's cable internet for the second system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why don't you want the Uverse? You can keep multiple telephone lines, and would have plenty of capacity on Uverse for all your internet and connectivity. Why do want 2-services?
Post Reply Post Reply
My surprised face. . .
[Image: surprised-face.jpg]
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-17-2016, 01:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Why don't you want the Uverse? You can keep multiple telephone lines, and would have plenty of capacity on Uverse for all your internet and connectivity. Why do want 2-services?

I need to separate the two LANS. I know, I know, I could do that via separate routers.

Uverse in this area is only 6mbps down. No faster than their ADSL. They are still bringing it in on the old copper. I use all the speed and bandwidth Uverse can provide. I pull about 150 to 200 GB data per month. The cable provider says 60mbps with no data caps.

The big question is: why would ATT say no to two Uverse runs per premise? It's money in their pocket. That's just nuts to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use cable as well. Amazingly fast. I guess the point is, you pay for each DSL line about what a single cable connection would cost. Anyway, I use comcast, and just sitting here with a wireless connection and several other devices also hooked up, this is what I'm getting at peak time (5:00 PM) here

[Image: 1410001044.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I need that upload speed too. I have 8 security cameras that push up to the internet; and I can view on my phone. With DSL, I can only view 2 at a time. That's with the frame rate reduced to 5 FPS and the definition compromised. The raw feeds are about 5 Mbps per camera. (That's what's send to the recorder). Each one has a secondary feed that can be throttled.
Post Reply Post Reply

justMongo ... Have you tried screwing AT&T by using a re-seller like DSLExtreme who can provide their TrueStream service over your copper using AT&T facilities?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2016, 07:25 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: justMongo ... Have you tried screwing AT&T by using a re-seller like DSLExtreme who can provide their TrueStream service over your copper using AT&T facilities?

Yes, I called DSLExtreme about a month ago. At first they said they could do it; but found that ATT had locked them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
First I changed cell phone providers. Last month i got rid of my Direct TV and then changed to cable internet. They creep it up and my land line goes to cable too.

You would think AT&T would get smart.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply