Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
RE: AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
I think it's time to call it quits with ST-A and go back to my old VAuto.  I'm getting nowhere. These leak rates are just absurd and uncontrollable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Old Example OSCAR Charts - VAuto - 2021/2022
I found my old ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto SD card from my machine I had until mid-2022.  I had another VAuto machine after that until 40 days ago, but do not have that SD card unfortunately. I know several here said they were curious how things looked on the VAuto. This is the best I could find.

OSAs were way more prevalent using the VAuto vs ST-A unit I have now.  Sometimes overall AHI numbers are similar among the machines.  I think it is quite obvious whatever I've done so far just hasn't caused any real improvements.  I am not sure I've felt worse than I do on the ST-A regardless of what numbers/charts show.  My diaphrahm muscles are so worn out.  Fatigued like crazy.  My muscles just don't feel like they're recovering from sleep.  I am not sure where to go from here honestly.  It's pretty obvious I have some serious sleep problems one way or the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried One Night on Old VAuto
I wanted to see how it felt to use my old VAuto machine compared to the ST-A.  There is surely a difference in the breathing muscle fatigue being less using the VAuto.  Way more tolerable at similar pressures.

Attached is a screenshot of last night's session.  I'm at a complete loss on what to do to control the mask leaks.  They just get worse.   Maybe I need to go back to the Mirage Quattro.  Apparently, the Vitera is a failure.  The DME thought that mask would be the 'one.'
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AXG Sleep Diagnostics?
2nd night using the deluxe chin strap.  My AHIs on the VAuto aren't as low as the ST-A Machine, but I feel much more awake the few days leaks have been reduced greatly. First night with no Large Leaks all night.

Still having a fair amount of apneas/hypopneas which makes me wonder do I need to adjust pressures to compensate or do I truly need the ST-A machine.  I got my O2 meter back today from the company (repaired) so I'll see how the O2 stats look when the mask is worn with a better seal.  Should be interesting to see how low O2 goes in presence of these clusters of apnea/hypopnea events.  All seems to go good in the beginning and later in the night I experience issues. 

I assume 16/8 is not a high enough pressure to resolve the events. Sad Do these events indicate I may truly need the ST-A machine since my AHI numbers were so much lower on it? Again, it did not correlate to any feeling of better energy/sleep in any way.
Post Reply Post Reply
AXG Sleep Diagnostics
Has anyone had their data reviewed by this company? If so how was the experience? Did you get a lot of insight into what your data revealed about what was going on for you personally?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AXG Sleep Diagnostics
Here is a link to a previous thread about the company. I haven't personally used them but Jason (LankyLefty) on youtube seems to be a very knowledgeable person whose videos have really helped me before. AXG Sleep Diagnostics? | Apnea Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used them. Jason is very good, but single-minded in his approach. For a one-on-one experience he is excellent at explaining things. When it comes to recommendations I find the information here from SleepRider and others to be equally useful. I will still consider using AXG going forward though as the time spent going over things is very useful and he is an excellent teacher.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's just Jason (lankylefty27 on YouTube), he's pretty stuck in his ways on some things, but pretty intelligent generally

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2023, 09:43 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: I have used them. Jason is very good, but single-minded in his approach. For a one-on-one experience he is excellent at explaining things. When it comes to recommendations I find the information here from SleepRider and others to be equally useful. I will still consider using AXG going forward though as the time spent going over things is very useful and he is an excellent teacher.

Singleminded, how so? I mean I know he hates APAP but.....
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2023, 09:41 PM)Lucky7 Wrote: Singleminded, how so? I mean I know he hates APAP but.....

No APAP, no EPR, he seemed to think flow limitations were kind of meaningless in the one video...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,363 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.