Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abletree's Therapy Thread
Abletree's Therapy Thread
Hello Everyone - I am beginning my SA journey with an AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirFit P30i nasal pillows mask. I had my sleep study a month ago and have had my apap about a week. According to myAir, I am doing well with compliance, mask fit and reduced AHI. My pressure range setting script is from 8 to 16. I'm comfortable and not struggling, but I still seem to awaken several times in the night. I would like to get to the root cause of my daytime fatigue as quickly and effectively as possible. There may be more to my situation than OSA. I have had a history of tossing & turning - even jumping and swinging my arms to the point of some danger to my spouse.

I have an SD card on the way so I can get  going with OSCAR. I am including my sleep lab "report" here and have requested the actual data, which they are sending to me in the mail. Any insights and thoughts are greatly appreciated. I'll be happy if the apap it self does the trick in due time - however, I'd like to be educated and ready to make appropriate requests of my sleep lab if I need to move to a bipap and/or have a follow-up study to pursue sleep disorders other than simple OSA - thank you so much in advance

I will attach my sleep study & a recent myAir report

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Abletree's Therapy Thread
According to My Air, a 0.1 AHI is good providing you're actually sleeping.  
But you state you wake up several times during the night, so you are probably more awake than sleeping, which means that AHI doesn't mean too much.

Your sleep study scores Mild Sleep Apnea, but that is one night in time.  

There is no way to see from "My Air" or the Sleep Study summary why you wake up several times, but a Chart from OSCAR will help us advise better.  

The Summary mentions Periodic Leg Movement.  Are you currently being treated for PLM?

We'll have to wait to see your data from OSCAR.  Remember to use the F12 key to take a Screenshot of the Daily Page, as this will give us what we need to see.

There are many folk here that can advise, and some who also experience PLM.

Post your Screenshot here in this thread when you have a night or two on your SD card.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Again! 

I am not being treated for PLM. I'm curious about my O2 level dropping as well. I had only a brief phone review of my sleep study after the test. They told me that I had 14 minutes of deep sleep. They said the 1st step is to treat OSA. They said by doing that, many other sleep disorders settle down and disappear. I hope that is the case. From what I can tell, my OSA and AHI is doing better than it was during the sleep study - BUT I am aware that I wake up several times during the night and toss & turn. I still feel fatigued all day long. I'm suspecting that I have more happening than OSA, although I understand it can take some time for the benefit of the cpap to peak.  With my history of leg jiggling, vigorous flipping and flailing, sometimes intense mumbling, moaning or even shrieking. I think it is likely there's more to the story Smile

I'm excited to get into the data. Thanks again. I will update when I have more to provide
Post Reply Post Reply
Do post a screenshot. (F12)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2021, 08:38 AM)Abletree Wrote: I have an SD card on the way so I can get  going with OSCAR. 

You can go to any place that sells electronics and pick up any SD card very cheaply.
It doesn't matter what brand, just make sure it's 32 MB or smaller.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I definitely will! thanks

Thank you  - I should have a 32 by the end of today Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
That is 32GB not MB
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what I got:

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC UHS-I Card (SDSDXXG-032G-GN4IN)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2021, 12:54 PM)Gideon Wrote: That is 32GB not MB

Ooops. Thanks for catching that, Gideon. 
My brain/finger coordination ain’t what it used to be..  Rolleyes
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep study also noted that it takes you abnormally long to get to REM sleep, and there is very little deep sleep the SWS sleep that is mentioned, so I gather most of that is related. The chances that all of the issues resolved with simple CPAP use, I think is low. However, starting there will be informative. The REM sleep and the SWS sleep is extremely important for restorative sleep, and good feelings of how things went. It is too bad there aren't many tools that actually measure the EEG waves, which can confirm the sleep state.

The hope, of course, is that if we fix the disturbance part, the sleeping part will fix itself.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,362 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.