Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abletree's Therapy Thread
RE: Abletree's Therapy Thread
More Day 2 with OSCAR info. Here are a few more screenshots - I'm still unsure if I am posting these properly according to this forum's protocols

I tried switching to a nasal mask to begin the night, but it seem to slide around and leak, so I went back to the nasal pillows

Here's some more screenshots attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Abletree,
You charts look good.  Age old question is how did you sleep and how do you feel during the day?

Also, you only need to post one graph.  Follow the directions in this link on "Organizing" the graphs:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Just use the F12 key to take a Screenshot of the Daily page.  We need to see the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limitation, Pressure (not mask pressure) and leaks.  The F12 key will put this in order.  If someone wants to see other graphs or any closeups, they would request it.  

Since we couldn't see the pressure graph, I was wondering if you used the ramp feature or turned it off?

Pholynyk's post above suggested to use the Auto Ramp. Go back and read his post. This might be helpful to you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you OpalRose - 

My mask fit issue seemed to be better than the previous night when my nose was stuffy. Last night I think I woke up less, but it looks like I removed my mask for a bit - I don't recall doing so. 

I have gotten so used to tossing and turning, that has been what a "normal" night has been for me. I've gotten so used to it - it seems unremarkable & hardly noteworthy.  So last night was like one of those - the usual tossing and turning. Same with the daytime fatigue - still feeling it right now

Thank you for the link on organizing the graph. When I get access to OSCAR again at home I will reconfigure accordingly

I turned my ramp down from 30 to 15 min last night. 

I read Pholynyk's post about ramp, but I didn't fully comprehend it - didn't have much time  - I'm a little confused as I have receive another recommendation to wean away from ramp. I will re-read and try to learn more

Thank you so much for helping me learn and get started! I'm excited!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, we prefer you wean away from ramp, but if you feel you are unable or just uncomfortable, then use the AutoRamp for 10-15 minutes.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
the charts still look real good. i noticed your machine did catch your partner snoring, or trash truck going by, but wisely did not adjust the pressures. smart machine! if you had a camera, you might have caught the alien invasion.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
WoW - technology! My Spouse is out of town! Amazing  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
    Here's Last night - Wed/Thur Nov 3/4    I hope I have attached the proper OSCAR view for you to see.  Although I went to bed comfortable with a 15 min ramp and easy breathing, I seem to keep removing my headgear. It might be a simple as it slipping off, rather than being intolerable

Still not feeling resting upon awakening

Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
I still don't understand what the OSCAR data shows - except I can l clearly see that last night I kept my headgear on throughout the night! Any other remarkable insights from my new & talented friends here? I appreciate you - Still not feeling actually rested - but it has only been a week or so

OSCAR from last night is attached

Thank you for helping me understand

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Because you are not feeling rested try and get your mouth leaks under control. Read the Section in the mask Primer on mouth breathing. These are very near large leak level and ar an intensity that some individuals find disruptive.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you - I will hunt down that primer & pursue this. Appreciated!

Me Again Gideon - Are you able to direct me to the primer you mentioned - I have looked, but I haven't been able to find it - Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.