Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abletree's Therapy Thread
RE: Abletree's Therapy Thread
That was a very useful example to help me understand. I did notice last night, when I reposition, I seem to take in a large breath. I had the thought last night during  one of these times that I might be oxygen starved somehow. I get this feeling like I need to take a deep breath. I was wondering if my apap pressure was too low

BTW - if I was thinking this during my sleep - was I even "sleeping"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon

As a beginner, I am not grasping what you are describing. I don't know what SWJ is.

I also don't know how to produce "3 minute" views or a zero line on the flow rate

I you have the time and patience to help me understand, I will be most grateful

PS - You may have seen, I posted last night OSCAR in this thread Smile Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I like your settings and numbers, like that the machine doesn't seem to want to vault your pressure to higher possible levels. I think your flow limitations seem to be handled effectively.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
SWJ = Sleep Wake Junk . We don't concern with events or stuff occurring whi;e awake

How to get a 3-minute view
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Chart_View
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night's OSCARs (attached). At Gideon's suggestion, I have included a 3 second view with a dotted line in the Flow Rate graph.

I still don't understand how to interpret the data, or know what is happening - how to adjust. Your insights are very helpful as I "ramp" up my knowledge one bit at a time

I am trying to take advantage of more in-be hours during the weekend to catch up on my sleep debt. Also - trying to hone in on my issues and areas of concern before my upcoming follow-up appointment with my sleep doc so I can make a reasonable request for a more in-depth sleep study than the one-nighter I had without titration

I suspect I have more happening than OSA, but that is a hunch. I'd like to gather data that leads me toward the true situation

Feeling 1 notch better aftet 2 nights with longer in-bed hours

Thanks again for your input

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Gideon! I read your link and posted last night's activity including your suggested view of the chart - Also reading your other links below your signature. It is quite a bit to absorb, but very helpful.

The info I read has prompted me to post another question in the thread pertaining to my EPR setting & use
Post Reply Post Reply
Question - I am wondering about my use of EPR. When I first got my machine, I was worried about being able to tolerate the exhale pressure the sleep lab briefly demonstrated for me . My DME turned on EPR and exhale pressure has not been a problem

I am concerned after doing some reading, that using EPR may interfere with true understanding of what is happening. My hope is to be best prepared to make my case for a bipap machine during my upcoming follow-up visit with the doc - if that is the better way to go

I have adjusted my ramp down to 10 minutes - might go to 5 tonight

What you you think about my EPR? Should I change anything?  As far as I know, it is set to "on"

*My OSCAR data for every night is in this thread

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Mask Pressure line shows that the pressure increases for every breath, so you do have an EPR on.

The left panel near the bottom shows the machine settings, and that says EPR setting is "Full Time" meaning "on" all the time. It also shows that EPR is set to 3 cmH2O.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
You said "My hope is to be best prepared to make my case for a bipap machine during my upcoming follow-up visit with the doc - if that is the better way to go"

I have not been working toward getting a BiLevel.

Your numbers are great, there is no way they will get you a BiLevel.
so Turn EPR OFF (after you set it to ramp only)
and what settings did your doc set you up for, go back to those.
And very important, make a list of all your symptoms, why this machine is not for you. What problems are you having (pretend that you never heard of EPR)
High Hypopnea, High Flow Limits, RERAs, UARS (High RDI, low AHI), too disruptive, hard to breathe, etc. No need to push the positive. Be truthful, but complete.
You don't know why your numbers went bad, they just did. Odds are he will only look at summary data.

BiLevel is always better starting with it is more flexible.
Realize that you do NOT need a new "better" titration. For you, the only reason for titration is to prove a different machine is better for you and to help your doctor to have data to justify it. We can titrate any machine without a formal titration. The justification behind it is just to identify your optimal settings. THAT almost never happens because of the situation. You are in a strange room, being continuously "24/7" (just for the night), in a strange room on a strange bed, wired head to toe, a couple of belts just for good measure, the temp to your liking, and you videoed. Just another "normal" night, right? There is no way any sleep test is normal, but it is what we all have gone thru to get our machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again -Gideon. I'm in just bed right now - already had turned EPR off & ramp down to 10 minutes - definitely harder to exhale - might be giving me a headache - which I never get

I haven't changed my settings from what was prescribed 

We'll see how it goes & report back - I'll re-read your message in the morning ?? thanks & good night
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.