Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

About to order a Dreamstation Go
About to order a Dreamstation Go
Hi, just found out about the Dreamstation Go and have been looking for a travel machine so thinking of ordering one.  My daily machine is a Dreamstation.

In the past I tried the Transcend and Z1 units and returned them because of noise (more of the tube than the machine).   Has anyone used the Dreamstation Go yet and how does it compare?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: About to order a Dreamstation Go
Looks like they just made their public announcement today.
Probably means you'll be the first.
Looks promising -- write a review should you get one.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, not much info out there. I'll take the risk and report back once I get it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice. Appears to be an Auto CPAP with microSD card data and internal power adapter and 8-hour battery pack. No humidification. Should be a real plus to those that camp or travel. What was the price?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
MicroSD is a nice touch. That can be transferred directly into Android devices if the software existed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just ordered it.

Sleeprider, price was $883 - no discounts, and I did not get the optional battery.

The size and the fact that it has no power brick would really make a difference in portability, lets hope it does not suffer the noise issues.

And lets see what humidifier option they come up with, I really hope is a very small attachment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems interesting, for the moment I have ordered a machine, and I will inform you if I can get it and at what price.

Saludos
Edit:
Same price that the colleague has posted, we will wait for it to come down, Resmed is about to bring to market a new machine of Travel

[Image: device-dreamstation-go.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The battle of travel size machines is commencing between the 2 giants - PR and ResMed. More than a few of us are interested in this so people testing these units out please post your reviews.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to hear what you guys have to say once you have the machines in hand and operating.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
Received my DS GO yesterday and tried it out last night.   I will let someone with more knowledge / experience do a review, but sharing my thoughts in the meantime:

* It is even smaller than I thought, very impressive!  Seems like a high-quality device (as expected). I put it side by side with my regular DS, it is smaller in all dimensions than the regular one without the humidifier attached.  Then add to that that there is no separate power brick.  Very happy about this, would fit easily in a briefcase / computer bag.

* The 12mm tubing makes a nice difference.

* No discernible difference in machine noise from the outside (as in what my wife would hear) - they are both just extremely quiet.

* Then the big test: would I experience the same hose noise as I did with the other two popular travel machines?   Maybe a small fraction of it and only in certain positions, as in sleeping on my side facing the machine which the hose rolled up in a certain way.  Moving the hose to a different position would mitigate / cure.

For reference, the noise on the GO is better than the noise on a full size without a humidifier.

So only one night but I am really happy with this purchase.   Matter of fact it looks so much better than the full sized one I would be tempted to use it full time except that the humidifier is a plus for me.   Looking forward to their upcoming solution for that.

I did notice a difference in what felt like the "flex" feature (out of sync a bit on longer breaths) but need to play with it some more to make sure the setup is the same as the full sized one.

Hope that helps other shoppers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degressive Order of Apnea? MaskedOne 6 348 01-26-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is facility-based titration study necessary for physician to order ASV device? DevinJones 5 985 03-14-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Resmed Airsense 11 auto on back order at Resmed? flsleeper 4 1,487 05-22-2022, 08:20 PM
Last Post: orca3219
  What does a sleep test need to contain in order to confirm/deny UARS? gaydolphinorgy 1 639 11-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mper6794
Question My sleep results. Is ASV in order? ShallowBreather 7 881 08-25-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.