Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

About to order a Dreamstation Go
RE: About to order a Dreamstation Go
i hope relase date will be soon.
I Need one for my camper!
Is the date already published?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's already out, if you were referring to the Dreamstation go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2017, 06:05 PM)David Govan Wrote: I currently use a ResMed S9 and an HDM Z1. Both are clearly Auto CPAP machines. Is the Dreamstation Go a true Auto or is the Flex feature the only adjustment from a continuous level of air pressure? Is it the same program as the Dreamstation? Many thanks for any comments.

They sell both an Auto and a regular, around $50 less.  I am using the Auto version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2017, 08:38 AM)DanPrado Wrote: Received my DS GO yesterday and tried it out last night.   I will let someone with more knowledge / experience do a review, but sharing my thoughts in the meantime:

* It is even smaller than I thought, very impressive!  Seems like a high-quality device (as expected). I put it side by side with my regular DS, it is smaller in all dimensions than the regular one without the humidifier attached.  Then add to that that there is no separate power brick.  Very happy about this, would fit easily in a briefcase / computer bag.

* The 12mm tubing makes a nice difference.

* No discernible difference in machine noise from the outside (as in what my wife would hear) - they are both just extremely quiet.

* Then the big test: would I experience the same hose noise as I did with the other two popular travel machines?   Maybe a small fraction of it and only in certain positions, as in sleeping on my side facing the machine which the hose rolled up in a certain way.  Moving the hose to a different position would mitigate / cure.

For reference, the noise on the GO is better than the noise on a full size without a humidifier.

So only one night but I am really happy with this purchase.   Matter of fact it looks so much better than the full sized one I would be tempted to use it full time except that the humidifier is a plus for me.   Looking forward to their upcoming solution for that.

I did notice a difference in what felt like the "flex" feature (out of sync a bit on longer breaths) but need to play with it some more to make sure the setup is the same as the full sized one.

Hope that helps other shoppers.

Just curious - one month later, are you still happy with the purchase, still finding the hose noise to be low? I currently use a Transcend when I travel - have been using it 75 to 100 nights a year for about 5 years - and I would love to move to a travel CPAP that doesn't make Darth Vader noises.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lack of humidification would be a deal breaker for me.

The newly released Resmed Airmini has a humidifier built into the hose. Details are on their website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 09:13 AM)lab rat Wrote: The lack of humidification would be a deal breaker for me.

The newly released Resmed Airmini has a humidifier built into the hose. Details are on their website.

The heat moisture exchanger (HME) built into proprietary Resmed masks for the Airmini are hardly anything to get excited about.   HME for CPAP have been readily available for any mask that uses a short connector hose.  Okay for camping and short trips, but not a replacement for a real humidifier, and not a decisive advantage for Resmed over Philips in this case.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respironics is "working" on a humidifier for the GO, it's apparently why the front shroud comes off similar to the battery installation. Anybody's guess how long until it's available but I'm looking closely at one of these. I'm tempted to jump in knowing that the humidifier is coming eventually. Just not convinced the AirMini's humidification will do it for me, hoping to see more reviews!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2017, 07:44 PM)levman Wrote: Just curious - one month later, are you still happy with the purchase, still finding the hose noise to be low? I currently use a Transcend when I travel - have been using it 75 to 100 nights a year for about 5 years - and I would love to move to a travel CPAP that doesn't make Darth Vader noises.

Hi Levman,

Since I bought it for travel I haven't used it extensively yet, but yes for me the noise level is much more comparable to my regular DS. And I think I mentioned my wife didn't notice I was using a different machine. The Transcend was a no-go for me because of the noise when I did the trail some time ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 10:33 PM)loganpass Wrote: Respironics is "working" on a humidifier for the GO, it's apparently why the front shroud comes off similar to the battery installation. Anybody's guess how long until it's available but I'm looking closely at one of these. I'm tempted to jump in knowing that the humidifier is coming eventually. Just not convinced the AirMini's humidification will do it for me, hoping to see more reviews!

Right, I am hopeful they will come up with a much better solution than an HME.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the Go when it first came out and have used it on 3 trips so far. 

In terms of noise, there is a slight swoosh type of tubing noise using the Dreamware Nasal mask. My home machine is a Resmed 10 which is totally quiet. It was not a problem on my first two trips where there was a 3 hour time zone difference. On my last trip, there was a 6 hour difference. I was having problems sleeping and the slight noise from the tubing was just enough to annoy me and added to the difficulty sleeping. Once I got home, I tried the Resmed P10 with the Go and noted a reduction in noise to something barely detectable.

The pressure on my home machine is set to 6-10. After the first night on the Go I noted that I had to increase minimum pressure to 8 to achieve a AHI less than 2. The Respironic is much quicker to return to a lower pressure. The pressure wave form looked like a sawtooth. Importing the Sleepyhead was no problem but the MicroSD card will be easy to lose.

I tried using an HME filter in line with the mask but am not sure it makes a difference. It did not seem to affect the noise level at all. 

On my second trip, I tried to use it on the plane but for some reason the AC outlet would not power it. (Hawaiian Airlines Economy Comfort Seat) 

The battery pack was backordered and when it became available, could not be shipped to Hawaii. Supplier #14 was able to ship it to my hotel for pickup on my last trip to the East coast. On the trip out, the AC outlet was able to power the machine. This was in a United First Class Cabin (Polaris Business) where the AC plug also has a USB plug. I noted that I could not use the USB plug for my phone at same time. It was a 9 hour redeye and I got 6 hours of sleep in (It was a lie flat seat). On the return flight, I had the battery pack with me which worked fine and I did not use the AC socket.

Last night jet lagged from the trip, I tried the battery pack for a 9 hour snooze with the P10 nasal mask. I noted that only 50% of the battery was used.

As a side note, I have a small intrapulmonary shunt which means my baseline oxygen saturation is 92-93%. On my second trip this month I tried wearing my pulse oximeter during the flight and noted that my median sat dropped to the 86% during the entire flight with episodes down to 78% even wide awake. I was in the back of the plane in economy on Hawaii Airlines during this leg. On the last trip my median sat was 92% and I never dropped below 88%. Does anyone know if the cabin pressure varies from plane to plane? (Airbus vs. Boeing)  I am sure the air is not better in first class. Or is it?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degressive Order of Apnea? MaskedOne 6 349 01-26-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is facility-based titration study necessary for physician to order ASV device? DevinJones 5 985 03-14-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,711 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Resmed Airsense 11 auto on back order at Resmed? flsleeper 4 1,487 05-22-2022, 08:20 PM
Last Post: orca3219
  What does a sleep test need to contain in order to confirm/deny UARS? gaydolphinorgy 1 640 11-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mper6794
Question My sleep results. Is ASV in order? ShallowBreather 7 882 08-25-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.