Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

About to order a Dreamstation Go
RE: About to order a Dreamstation Go
I noticed that amazon has Dreamstation Go items for sale but not the unit it self. They have filters, power cable and a hard shell travel kit - all Philips branded.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2017, 03:49 PM)mraroid Wrote: I noticed that amazon has Dreamstation Go items for sale but not the unit it self.  They have filters, power cable and a hard shell travel kit - all Philips branded.

I bought mine from a well-known Internet CPAP retailer with an easily-Googled 10% off coupon for my entire order, which was a nice chunk of change on a machine this expensive.

Everyone seems to be using the suggested list price for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
My own experience is that the DreamStation Go is quiet. My wife says that she hears nothing. I hear noise only on inhalation.

The Go -- like the Z1 -- is noisy on the very first breaths but -- unlike the Z1 -- gets more quiet quickly.

You should experiment with your placement of the machine (preferably lower than your head) and its 12 mm 6' tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the DreamStation Go and a Dreamwear and notice more noise internally, if that makes sense. My wife says the unit is actually better than the home DreamStation! I'm using the 12mm tube. I've wondered if the 22mm might be more quie? I've also thought of using a tube cover but have yet to try. I really like the 12mm for travel.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the 22mm tube last night, and perceived it as slightly quieter when I was going to sleep, but found it very loud this morning when I first woke up.

I used a sound monitoring app to record noise on the other side of the bed, and there was no real difference between the 15 and 22mm. Not sure how great the app was, but hope the comparison between the two results was valid. 

The smaller hoses are definitely more comfortable!

I'll move the Go to a lower spot and see if that helps. It's only slightly lower than my head. My (increasingly impressive quiet-wise) System One is lower, and I've only used a 15mm tube with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a 22mm hose and didn't notice a difference. And you are right - the noise is experienced primary by the user, I assume because it's coming from the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm struggling with the Dreamstation Go. Quite noisy and a very high AHI rate. Trying all three different tube sizes, various Flex settings, Auto vs CPAP, etc.

I'm committed to using this on a long through hike, but I'm not happy with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried placing both the machine and the hose such that they are lower than your head? That's what worked for me - see the description earlier in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 09:23 AM)levman Wrote: Have you tried placing both the machine and the hose such that they are lower than your head? That's what worked for me - see the description earlier in this thread.

Yes, thanks. I do think that helped a bit. 

I have periods where it is nearly silent and periods where the hose noise is absurdly loud. Seems to happen with both CPAP and APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
The strange thing I've noticed is that it seems louder during the ramp phase vs when it is at full strength (10 cm in my case). If I wake up during the night, there is very little hose noise unless I have somehow managed to get the hose higher than my head (over the top of the pillow, for example). As long as the hose is hanging off the bed (if I am facing the CPAP) or draped across my side (if I am facing away from the CPAP) it is pretty quiet. Which mask do you use? That could potentially be affecting things too. Mine is the Airfit P10 nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degressive Order of Apnea? MaskedOne 6 347 01-26-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is facility-based titration study necessary for physician to order ASV device? DevinJones 5 984 03-14-2023, 01:04 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Resmed Airsense 11 auto on back order at Resmed? flsleeper 4 1,487 05-22-2022, 08:20 PM
Last Post: orca3219
  What does a sleep test need to contain in order to confirm/deny UARS? gaydolphinorgy 1 639 11-25-2021, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mper6794
Question My sleep results. Is ASV in order? ShallowBreather 7 881 08-25-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.