Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

About to order a Dreamstation Go
I'm having a hard time identifying what makes it silent when it is, which does happen ... basically any jostling around and the silence is lost.  

I use a Mirage FX, which is virtually silent with my System One with a 15mm heated tube and was nearly so with my Intellipap DV54 and a pretty stiff Devilbiss 22mm tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2017, 11:22 AM)levman Wrote: If I wake up during the night, there is very little hose noise unless I have somehow managed to get the hose higher than my head (over the top of the pillow, for example). As long as the hose is hanging off the bed (if I am facing the CPAP) or draped across my side (if I am facing away from the CPAP) it is pretty quiet. 

Kind of a breakthrough last night. I adjusted the hose so that it went directly upward from the elbow - and the noise vanished. (Normally the hose direction is down from the mask, the way it would go if I were upright and gravity is on the job.) I slept quite well the rest of the night (though I recorded a very high AHI?). 

The Philips staffer had told me to try that, and even suggested to route it through the headboard above me, but I hadn't tried anything like it.

This is contrary to your experience, but I am cheered by the idea that adjusting the position of the hose is enough to quiet the dang thing. Changes my assessment of the device dramatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have have noticed that the Respironics Go travel APAP is sensitive to both the condition and placement of an AirFit P10. I recently switched to a brand new P10 mask from an old P10 and the Go's noise level dropped considerably. Tight tube conditions and proper mask fit seem to have made the already quiet machine much quieter. Very, very little noise. Traveling with the Go is a breeze compared to a ResMed S9/10 or a HDM Z1.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'll have to try replacing my mask - my nasal pillows are new, but the rest of the mask assembly is way overdue for replacement, perhaps the exhalation vents may be a little clogged with tiny particles.

I continue to have very good results placing the CPAP and hose lower than my head, though it's a challenge to do so in hotel rooms - I've been using upside down garbage cans as a CPAP stand.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had similar quiet results going over my head with the 12mm tube last night. When I am awakened now, I tap the touchscreen and the APAP goes back to the ramp phase, quieting down while I get back to sleep. I'm moderately satisfied with the device now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect to DreamStation over Wifi? JRoque 7 283 08-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Last Post: C0mbe
  Dreamstation Mask Settings. JohnnyRotten 6 216 08-15-2017, 09:00 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
  [split] Masks with DreamStation Go levman 4 202 08-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Last Post: levman
  dreamstation humidifier and hose leak jacob.fullmer 3 236 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [Equipment] Dreamstation GO DC input? OMyMyOHellYes 2 166 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  Flying / Travelling with a Dreamstation SleepyOzzy 5 337 08-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SleepyOzzy
  Philips Dreamstation with Nuance Pro mask - connector? mkarnofel 2 162 08-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2