Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quatro FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Abrupt change in AHI
(10-26-2013 08:55 AM)Peter_C Wrote:  Last night was my first night with my new mask (new replacement of the same mask). My leak rate dropped to 0.3L/s and while I didn't wake 'refreshed', neither did I struggle to get up like I have for the last number of weeks. Plus my AHI and AI dropped back to my norms of less than 10, and 2.

Hello Peter_C,

I also spent the night with a new mask. My number are now back down to my previous low levels.

Cheers, VegasPier
10-26-2013 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vcottom Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: System One BiPap Pro
Mask Make & Model: Fisher&Paykel 481
Humidifier: DS
CPAP Pressure: 11 > 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

I went to bed early, 9PM, with my equipment hooked up and running good. In short order I was out there in la-la land (REM) and having a great dream, when my wife and dog jumped into bed around midnight. I was "rudely" awakened and never did get back to where I was. My AHI numbers went of mid 2s, to 14, teaching me there are other factors present in getting a good nights sleep.

(10-25-2013 10:26 PM)VegasPier Wrote:  

I have been using a s9 Autoset since January of this year. Up until a month ago my AHI was what I considered great; normally less than 5 with only a few excursions above that figure.
Now for the last two weeks I've been peaking at 50+ occasionally. Does anybody have any idea of what is going on? Is the machine malfunctioning? The high AHI and snore numbers seem to peak together when the pressure is at the upper limit of 15. I've reset it to 20 for tonight.

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers, Vegaspier
10-26-2013 12:14 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

The main reason full face mask is chosen, having a deviated septum and nasal passage blockage. Full face mask allow you the option of breathing through your nose and/or your mouth without any compromise to your treatment

Each type of mask have pro and cons, use whatever works best and feel comfortable. I went through half dozen of masks, there,re always coming up with new masks but don,t have the money to try them
Sleep-well
10-26-2013 03:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

If any of the events were noted during a high leak event, then they may or may not have actually happened. If you are feeling no different, then they probably did not. You would notice since it is such a huge difference in numbers.

You can try a simple homemade chin strap for a few nights to see if it helps. Take an "ace" bandage and wrap it from chin to top of your head, much like the old pictures of folks with the mumps. You want it tight enough that when you relax, your mouth does not open but you want it loose enough that you can still chew with effort. You want to be SAFE.

Try this for a few nights to see if the AHI and leaks drop. If they do, then there's the problem. Then you can invest in a better chin strap. They make some really good ones now. The one I tried eons ago was a single strip that stayed on about two minutes.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-26-2013 04:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Pressure] Change Pressure on AirCurve 10 VAuto info 28 4,771 Today 01:20 AM
Last Post: _cy_
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 19,982 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
Question Change Humidity Level Seasonally txpap 9 511 11-21-2016 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  pressure change cwvincent 2 352 10-16-2016 04:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [CPAP] ANOTHER CPAP PRESSURE CHANGE!!! jennie54 3 417 10-11-2016 04:44 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  Change Name in Resmed S9 Autoset Waldo 10 565 10-06-2016 07:36 AM
Last Post: Waldo
  AHI going up - time to change mask cushion? Lanco 6 520 09-18-2016 06:51 AM
Last Post: OpalRose