Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Absolute Newbie: Can't sleep with ACPAP
RE: Absolute Newbie: Can't sleep with ACPAP
(10-05-2017, 06:39 AM)ajack Wrote: if you didn't sleep at all, nothing is counted while you are  awake. the results mean nothing. You have been tested and have sleep apnea, nothing has changed. The goal is to get the AHI as low as possible, while getting a good nights sleep. You will be more tired and will probably get some sleep tonight. If you get another 0.0 tonight, we may do a reset on your machine.

Just to put what ajack here has said in another way that may help make it clearer, if you were awake your airway wouldn't have relaxed and started to close off. It is this relaxation during sleep that is the problem in sleep apnea. Sometimes there are events while you are awake that are marked. This is because while awake our breathing patterns are not as ordered and rhythmic as when we are asleep and this can look like events to the machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
same ad here i e been using cpap since a month by now i hardly sleep for 2 hours with the mask on 

ihave diagnosed with ahi 118 and nazal mask which i have replace it with resmed F20 full face mask its much better last night i completed 5 hours sleeping with the mask on 

jst give it time and get the right mask am going to get the pillow nasal mask hope this will increase the sleeping hours
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2017, 02:07 PM)Mazenbira Wrote: same ad here i e been using cpap since a month by now i hardly sleep for 2 hours with the mask on 

ihave diagnosed with ahi 118 and nazal mask which i have replace it with resmed F20 full face mask its much better last night i completed 5 hours sleeping with the mask on 

jst give it time and get the right mask am going to get the pillow nasal mask hope this will increase the sleeping hours

Hi, Mazenbira

Maybe you could start your own thread, too, so we can hear your story?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 186 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 494 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 281 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 263 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.