Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Acceptable AHI ranges
RE: Acceptable AHI ranges
(12-30-2015, 11:23 PM)wolson Wrote: I sleep well and do not appear to have the problems most people have with OSA. In fact, I would not have known about OSA if it hadn't been for the PSG. I apparently do not have CSA.

With an untreated AHI of 81.9 you weren't sleeping well, you just had no memory of the multiple awakenings that were ruining your sleep and shortening your life.

Quote:So that brings me to my question: what can I expect from CPAP?

A much improved quality of life, and a longer life.

Quote:So far, I would say I am sleeping far worse but that may be solely do to the fact I am new to CPAP. I don't really want to do CPAP unless I get some benefits. (In fact, my said I would last only 2 or 3 nights with this!)

Sleeping worse at first is to be expected. It takes time to adapt to the hose and mask, but it will happen and soon you'll not even notice them.

I didn't get that last part. Someone told you you wouldn't 2-3 nights?! That's a poisonous thing to tell someone because without CPAP therapy you will lead a miserable sleep-deprived life and die early of a heart attack or stroke.

I say this. Give it a month and I guarantee you'll never know how you lived without it.

Quote:What I am seeing is a daily decrease in AHI which is very encouraging. It is now down to 6.41. I will have to see if this continues.

It should. It's very common to see that happen.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,601 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,422 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What is an "acceptable" Large Leak percent? BlueSky1958 21 1,599 12-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Acceptable Large Leak Percentage? kenhh 15 5,005 10-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Acceptable Leak Rate Columbiabill 7 918 10-07-2023, 08:18 PM
Last Post: barney999
  What is an acceptable leak rate? Mysti 10 5,916 09-01-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Old Mike
  Understanding APAP Pressure Ranges upsman 4 1,076 11-04-2021, 12:33 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.