Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Access to medical records in Australia - including results
Access to medical records in Australia - including results
I am new to this forum and I was reading through some of the information regarding access to your health results in Australia. 
There was a link a website regarding pathology results and while I understand that may be where some people in Australia get their sleep studies done, there is other information on the access to information held by doctors that I thought I should share with this group.

Doctors, institutions etc actually own our records.  I only know this because I worked on the electronic health record when it was being developed in Australia.  This is not widely known in Australia.

The best way to obtain your results is to ask the doctor for them.  It doesn't need to be in writing. They will usually comply with this request.

Page 7 of the attached document says    'Unless there are special contractual arrangements, medical records generally belong to the medical practice or hospital in which they were created.'

I think this document is behind the firewall on the MDA website.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,347 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 392 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 193 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,538 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,958 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 146 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 211 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.