Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accidentally fell asleep with mask on, but didn't turn CPAP machine on
RE: Accidentally fell asleep with mask on, but didn't turn CPAP machine on
Also just to clarify, I made it sound like I slept a full 8-hours without my machine on, it was probably about 2-hours max. I remember having a dream, waking up from the dream and realizing I didn't have my machine on. It actually happened to me before (kinda). I rolled over once and my machine fell off the box I have it sitting on and the power adapter unplugged. I think that was only for a few minutes though.

Thank you all for the replies and calming my nerves. I updated my profile to the machine I have and I will download that app.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Jneditch Wrote: Also just to clarify, I made it sound like I slept a full 8-hours without my machine on, it was probably about 2-hours max. I remember having a dream, waking up from the dream and realizing I didn't have my machine on. It actually happened to me before (kinda). I rolled over once and my machine fell off the box I have it sitting on and the power adapter unplugged. I think that was only for a few minutes though.

Thank you all for the replies and calming my nerves. I updated my profile to the machine I have and I will download that app.

Is it possible to put your machine on a nightstand/table near your bed? I put mine on some type of drawer liner so that it won't slip off... of course after it fell one time. That way, no unplugging of the adapter and since I did that, no rain out either. If you can do that I think you'll have happier sleeps. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 12:20 PM)PositiveMe123 Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Jneditch Wrote: Also just to clarify, I made it sound like I slept a full 8-hours without my machine on, it was probably about 2-hours max. I remember having a dream, waking up from the dream and realizing I didn't have my machine on. It actually happened to me before (kinda). I rolled over once and my machine fell off the box I have it sitting on and the power adapter unplugged. I think that was only for a few minutes though.

Is it possible to put your machine on a nightstand/table near your bed? I put mine on some type of drawer liner so that it won't slip off... of course after it fell one time. That way, no unplugging of the adapter and since I did that, no rain out either. If you can do that I think you'll have happier sleeps. Coffee

Well I have it on a metal box. It's like a gig box for musicians. Not a cardboard box, so it doesn't slip off. It was just I pulled it off with the hose. Totally my own doing! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the club. There are those that have and those that will. I have done it a couple of times - usually if I get up in the middle of the night and then crawl back into bed. No big deal, just a blank spot on the recording and a night of poor sleep.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jneditch,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and sleep well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 05:51 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Jneditch,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you Trish! CPAP is definitely helping me (when I use it right, lol). I've also changed my diet once I was diagnosed with apnea. I've lost around 75-pounds in a year. Just trying to get healthy and enjoy life.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've gone to the bathroom and forgot to hose back up when I got into bed. I empathize.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 06:32 PM)Jneditch Wrote:
(08-09-2015, 05:51 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Jneditch,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thank you Trish! CPAP is definitely helping me (when I use it right, lol). I've also changed my diet once I was diagnosed with apnea. I've lost around 75-pounds in a year. Just trying to get healthy and enjoy life.
Hi Jneditch,
It's great to hear that CPAP is helping you and don't beat up on yourself for not turning your machine on last night.
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss, keep up the good work and enjoy life.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2015, 12:06 PM)Jneditch Wrote: Thank you all for the replies and calming my nerves. I updated my profile to the machine I have and I will download that app.

Thanks. Half way there. We need the model in addition to PR System one.

It says something like REMStar Auto near the LCD display. Tell us what that says.

Also take out the water tank, then turn the CPAP machine over and look for something like REF 560P on the label on the bottom. Tell us what that says.

http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 142 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.