Accidentally reset bipap to defaults - pressure settings now too high to sleep with
nimboo Offline

Members

Machine: Respironics Duet LX System
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: Accidentally reset bipap to defaults - pressure settings now too high to sleep with
My dad had some unexpected expenses recently (car trouble) and can no longer afford to buy a new machine.

I believe I have figured out how to access the pressure settings (see last post), so if you can help me with that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, if you can help me convince him that an auto cpap would be good, I'd appreciate that too. He is convinced that he needs a bipap, because he remembers 12 years ago that he COULD NOT (he is adamant) sleep with a cpap. He says he needed the pressure relief on exhale that the bipap offered, which is why he originally got the Duet LX System Bipap.

So he made up his mind that he would need a Bipap if he has to get a new machine, but the Bipaps are out of his price range. I think he could afford something at around $500, but the autoBipaps are much more expensive.

I kind of think he should try the autocpap, but am not sure what the difference between an autocpap with EPR and an autobipap are. They sound like they do the same thing...I've read a lot about this stuff, more than I ever wanted to know.

I don't know how to advise him - is he right in thinking he needs an autobipap?
03-05-2016 06:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dream Station Ramp and Pressure Settings knowoneuno 15 236 Today 06:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,244 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  Dream Station Settings Autumnseer 15 460 11-26-2016 07:01 AM
Last Post: Weird Tolkienish Figure
  Events way too high! sfrasher 22 1,164 11-22-2016 06:35 PM
Last Post: sfrasher
  High AHI (7.5) and don't know why fotomatt1 15 545 11-20-2016 05:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Reset Machine Hours DreamStation Perchas 1 192 11-17-2016 06:26 PM
Last Post: robysue
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 615 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus