Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 1st time APAP user. Lots of Clear Airway events? Anyway to improve without ASV?
RE: 1st time APAP user. Lots of Clear Airway events? Anyway to improve without ASV?
(04-06-2020, 12:07 PM)Mogy Wrote: Hi wwsleep,
One thing that I don't see mentioned here is that during studies they have found that the majority of treatment emergent central apneas(complex apnea) resolve with time. They usually say that by about 3 months after the start of xPAP treatment many(most) of people with treatment emergent apnea will see it diminish to a significantly lower level.
That is what happened to me. I was diagnosed with moderate OSA, but my first week with my machine my CAI was very high, approx. 25. A month later it was much lower, approx 3-4. It continued to go lower and settled at about 1 after 3-4 months.

Interesting, and gives me hope!  I was wondering why my followup is so far out (third week of May).  I guess it does take a long time to stabilize.

I did turn off EPR night before last.   Last night was good in the sense that I actually could stay in bed the whole night. my AHI was 9.33 last night, still lots of CAs.

Total time in apnea is higher with EPR off, but it's only been a couple of nights.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,082 5 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 97 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New to all. Have lots of ?? DudleyDoRight 7 194 Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 183 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 267 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,346 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.