Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accuracy of REsmed MyAir
Accuracy of REsmed MyAir
I know that Oscar is the real gold standard for cpap readings. Years ago I used another program--Encore? it was an alternative to Sleepyhead--and tracked my readings that way. But I've been too lazy to figure out how to work with Oscar. But too, Resmed lets you track basic readings with Myair. Things are going well and I've decided that was enough.

Occasionally I'll get high leak rates--not often and I can fix the issue. Last night I slept well, feel great today, and just discovered I had a leak rate of 45 or so. Super high. BUT: my ahi was only1.5.

I wonder if having a leaky mask affects Myair's ability to accurately read ahi?

I have started wearing a neck collar and I'm pretty certain that that alone has helped a lot with my apnea. I wouldn't be surprised if mine was primarily positional. I'd like to test that by not using a cpap machine and seeing how I fare, but I don't have the equipment to track my sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Accuracy of REsmed MyAir
Just a look at OSCAR and you would know if it were positional or not. 

A
By large leak makes the number of all events unreliable. If the machine is having large leaks it can not tell if there are obstruction because it cannot Pressurize the mask.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Encore and Rescan are the vendor products. MyAir and dream mapper are the vendor products that provide basically summary data. These and OSCAR all report what the machine says, thus they are all accurate.
OSCAR was derived from SleeptHead after that project was shut down.

IMHO OSCAR is the best product to monitor your therapy. It is the OSCAR charts that will provide the best insight on your leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not being at all sarcastic, the only way I'm aware of tracking sleep data without using a PAP is to do a diagnostic sleep study either in lab or at home. Of those report tools mentioned, OSCAR is the most accurate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. First post. Glad to be here.

I've been using a CPAP for 15 years and it works very well for me. My machine is an Air Sense 10 and my mask is a Mirage Liberty Hybrid. I was using the F30 mask but it was irritating my skin to the point I had to change. My problem is similar to the OP. For all the time I've had MYAIR, my scores have always been in the mid to high 90s. I sleep well, dream great, and overall everything is fine. With that said, now that I'm using the Hybrid, my scores have really changed. The big change is in the area of the LEAKS. My daily readings for leaks are literally Zero. The rest of the scores are fine. My events score is always less than 3. While I'm awake, I hear no leakages.

Here's my question: If my mask is leaking so badly that it registers 0, yet my other scores are telling me the therapy is working well, what's wrong with the mask leaks scores? These anomalies are more puzzling than a concern. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to this forum, I downloaded OSCAR. It certainly offerers more information.
If I'm reading it correctly, I have no issues with mask leaks.
I'm hoping it is correct.
Thanks.
Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the links in my signature for more information on understanding as to what OSCAR is displaying.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I look at MyAir this way. Each morning I look at what it says and compare it to how I feel. If everything makes sense to the way I feel, so be it and I go about my day. I may look at it for several days to see if there is a trend developing (other than hours). If there is, I pull the SD card and put it into OSCAR. It is interesting on some occasions to see what caused a high average AHI (for example) and then you see the spike in the graph and can identify the cause.

For a lot of folks, the manufacturers' apps are more of a feel good to entice you to continue with your therapy. I don't know many "badges" I have gotten emails about from Resmed. OSCAR on the other hand can be considered a diagnostic tool in that it can help pinpoint what is going on. My sleep doc loves it when I bring the reports from OSCAR.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2022, 10:57 AM)TedG954 Wrote: If my mask is leaking so badly that it registers 0

Zero means zero leakage. That's what you want. It's a wonderful thing.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 579 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,459 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 459 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,048 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler
Gross [CPAP] No data being sent to myAir account. cuteandwicked 17 14,743 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Question about OSCAR accuracy during high leak periods raptosnorus 13 922 06-26-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: raptosnorus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.