Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Compatible Oximeters
Compatible Oximeters
Mac running 10.6.8 and another mac running El Capitan. I've downloaded both the GL and Broken GL software. Works fine for the CPAP Resmed Autoscore however when trying to connect to my Contec CMS50F running version 3.5 Sleephead software will not connect. After searching trying all options it just indicates it cannot locate 'compatible oximeters'.
Any ideas please
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compatible Oximeters
I was just working on this last weekend. Working with oximetry data on Macs is pretty difficult. Here is the thread that got me closest to the answer:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...imeter-Mac

Basically you need a "boutique" USB bridge driver to connect SH to your oximeter. It doesn't work that well though, unfortunately. Tends to work once, then crap out the next time. I have found that if you leave SH open (never quit, even on shutdowns), the driver seems to keep working, otherwise you have to keep reinstalling SH from the disk image to make it work (insane, I know).

The driver apparently might not work at all with El Capitan (I still have Yosemite), but I will not upgrade the OS until Apple releases an established version.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2016, 10:22 PM)Possum Wrote: I was just working on this last weekend. Working with oximetry data on Macs is pretty difficult. Here is the thread that got me closest to the answer:

Basically you need a "boutique" USB bridge driver to connect SH to your oximeter. It doesn't work that well though, unfortunately. Tends to work once, then crap out the next time. I have found that if you leave SH open (never quit, even on shutdowns), the driver seems to keep working, otherwise you have to keep reinstalling SH from the disk image to make it work (insane, I know).

The driver apparently might not work at all with El Capitan (I still have Yosemite), but I will not upgrade the OS until Apple releases an established version.

Thank you I've been to [link to Silabs driver page removed] and while it seems to work fine I'm trying to work out how to get the recorded data from the oximeter into Sleephead. However, I really need to record for the same period the CPAP machine is operating, obviously so I'll give that a try. At the moment the downloaded drivers do connect to the oximeter as it shows on the screen real time readings so I guess when I work out the download procedure it could work. Thank you

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

Post Reply Post Reply
If you're seeing connectivity, that's half the battle. In SleepyHead all you have to do is click "Oximetry" and then "Import from connected device." That is where you might encounter the buggy error that crashes the software. If that doesn't happen, you should see it import the data without issue.

Also, about the time, my CMS50F has an internal clock, which SH can automatically sync from the computer time. If you don't have an internal clock, just choose to import the data without relying on the clocks. To be accurate with that method, though, you'll need to start your CPAP and oximeter at exactly the same time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you, My Oximeter is out by one minute with my CPAP machine. I'll try it all tonight and see what happens tomorrow morning when I try and download/sync for the first time. A new experience if it works.
Again thanks for the link. I've been battling for years with the poor limited software supplied by Resmed for an old PC. Using Sleepyhead is like a new day completly and particularly if I can sync the Oximeter readings with the CPAP data it will be excellent.
I've just downloaded Sleepyhead today for my Macs and now with this link for the Oximeter the new day is dawning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mus429,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you with getting your oximeter to sync up with SleepyHead.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2016, 10:14 PM)mus429 Wrote: Mac running 10.6.8 and another mac running El Capitan. I've downloaded both the GL and Broken GL software. Works fine for the CPAP Resmed Autoscore however when trying to connect to my Contec CMS50F running version 3.5 Sleephead software will not connect. After searching trying all options it just indicates it cannot locate 'compatible oximeters'.
Any ideas please

My mac's running El Capitan and have a CMS 50D+ (came with version 4.6) and SleepyHead just works fine with importing oximeter data.

(01-25-2016, 10:22 PM)Possum Wrote: Basically you need a "boutique" USB bridge driver to connect SH to your oximeter. It doesn't work that well though, unfortunately. Tends to work once, then crap out the next time. I have found that if you leave SH open (never quit, even on shutdowns), the driver seems to keep working, otherwise you have to keep reinstalling SH from the disk image to make it work (insane, I know).

I have imported data into SleepyHead using El Capitan with success. Also after having SH shut down and/or quit and reopened was able to successfully import oximeter data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 04:00 PM)membus Wrote: I have imported data into SleepyHead using El Capitan with success. Also after having SH shut down and/or quit and reopened was able to successfully import oximeter data.

I'm glad you are having success; however, a few of us are still having issues (see related threads). If you have a solution, you might consider sharing it on this board so others can benefit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2016, 04:09 PM)Possum Wrote: I'm glad you are having success; however, a few of us are still having issues (see related threads). If you have a solution, you might consider sharing it on this board so others can benefit.

Well, to be honest I just followed routine procedure as was described in SH website and everything worked fine.

However, one thing that caught my attention was that mus429 has a oximeter with version 3.5 whereas my oximeter is on 4.6

Maybe if there is a way to upgrade the firmware this might be the solution. Tried looking for an updated firmware but couldn't find any sources so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mus429 -- I just realized that you have the slightly older CMS50F - you report version 3.5. That means you need to use the middle selection - CMS50D+/E/F - those use a different protocol from the version 3.7 and up CMS50F oximeters. Let us know if that one works for you, please.

Membus - I think the D+ oximeters use a different series of software from the F series, so the numbers are not comparable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 525 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation Crimson Nape 33 8,337 10-10-2023, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Herqliz
  Is built-in oximeter data compatible with OSCAR? farnsy 25 4,878 12-20-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Bad news about oximeters plumager 2 646 10-19-2022, 10:04 PM
Last Post: a21900
  What pulse ox is compatible with OSCAR? anyadee23 3 1,133 10-07-2022, 10:10 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  AQUIRED OXIMETER, WAS TOLD WOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY MAC. IN NEED OF SET UP HELP Plmnb 12 2,012 05-19-2022, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  oximeters compatible with Oscar yankees123 12 1,272 01-30-2022, 02:21 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.