Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme
RE: Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme
What happened with this? do I buy the o2ring or the CheckMe? I would like to get started but I don't want to waste time with accurate readings. I will invest in a more expensive device if it can deliver an accurate picture. Anyone knows?
Post Reply Post Reply
In my opinion, you will not go wrong on either device. I have the smaller cousin to the CheckMe, the SleepU. The basics are, the CheckMe has a longer battery life, 72 hours versus 16 hours and is listed as having a 2-second display versus a 4-second on the SleepU and O2Ring. Not a real game changer. If I was buying another one, I would go with the O2Ring. It's lighter, more compact, and less expensive.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found this thread:
[DME Link Removed]

Read the last reply:

General Accuracy

As another experiment, I used the o2ring during the day, when I obviously know I don't have breathing problems... and I still got drops! As many as at night sometimes. I'd be standing there, chopping some veg and by ring would buzz, telling me my oxygen was 89%! I had a finger-based oximeter that I'd put on straight away when this happened and it'd usually show I was at 98/99%. This happened multiple times. I don't know if it's normal to have drops in oxygen during the day, even though you are breathing fine? If not, it seems to me like the ring is making up drops in oxygen level, which kinda renders it pointless. As such, I decided to return the ring and accept there's no accurate way to measure this.

Geez, so it seems you cannot accurately measure this? he was getting results all over the place. I just need a way to get something accurate, otherwise this feels like a waste of time tbh.

Edit: I found this comment:

I've owned two different variants of these Viatom devices (same manufacturer) and can confirm when tested overnight alongside hospital grade equipment they are pretty accurate. It was the use of these devices and the exact app used in this video (ViHealth) back in December which made me realise I had Sleep Apnoea after 20 years of daily suffering. Since then I've used one of these alongside a Masimo Radical 7 (i.e. about the most accurate pulseOx available) with adhesive sensor across a week of sleep and the results were consistent between the two devices.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8FMw3CeDN0

So this one sounds nice, but other people said it's inaccurate.. I guess im just going to buy the ring one and see what happens. At least to have some measurements of before/after.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 7 10 minutes ago
Last Post: cps22
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 162 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,265 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Angry Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD Brewskie 3 448 01-18-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 4 421 01-15-2024, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  o2ring not detected by PC goku 10 3,291 12-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Nasal Pillows compared to Full Face Mask Rengah 5 930 07-26-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Rengah

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.