Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Accurate device for consumers to measure sleep cycles?
Anyone know of a good device that measures your time in sleep stages accurately that is economical for home use on a regular basis? I read something recently about at Neuroon which was a Kickstarter project that is out now. I also some evidence that the new Jawbone up might be fairly accurate but it doesn't use an EEG.

-Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a fitbit, have been for a couple of years now. It also doesnt have an EEG... None of them do as far as I know. However, I find that mine is fairly accurate in the sense that if it shows I wasnt very restless, and had long periods of deep sleep, I usually feel great during the day and might even be able to go without my usual nanna nap in the afternoon. I started with a fitbit Flex, then moved onto a fitbit Charge (which is not being made anymore) which recently started coming apart. They replaced it with an Alta which is perfect. I also bought a Blaze which does lots more but its big and chunky and after a while I realised that it doesnt let go of bluetooth on your phone hence causing battery drain. I dont use it at all anymore. I'll see if I can find a screenie and post it to Imgur.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems I have to wait for another couple of posts before I can link to the screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply

Used the ResMed S+, it seems to be fairly accurate,but it is hard to be sure without using it in a real sleep study.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Placement of CPAP device TrailerSweetheart 21 730 03-06-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 16 473 02-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Two week wait for DME to dispense my CPAP device Dagmar 40 5,371 01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Can't Find Device Number (DN) on Back of Machine gamegrrl 5 421 11-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl
  CPAP Machine Release Cycles DevChuck 5 515 10-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
Question VitalSleep or other dental device, any suggestions kwhenrykerr 3 569 06-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Last Post: johnthesleeper
  Long cycles visible in Sleepyhead tfield98 2 453 05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: richb