Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Acne
Acne
Does anyone have problems with zits caused by the contact areas of the mask? I have a shiner right between my eyes right now caused by that plastic forehead piece on the mask. Is the lifelong tradeoff a face full of acne for a good night's sleep?Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Acne
It was an issue I had when I was first using nasal masks. I have very oily skin and had to use a cleansing wipe or face wash each night. Even then, I kept getting them around my nose.

Or maybe you are morphing into a unicorn?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried nasal pillows
PAD A CHEEK makes mask liners including nasal masks with foreheads pads
Karen the owner used to be member of the old forum, also she is PAP user herself and can custom made to your requirement

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula and zonk. I didn't know about the pads. I also now wonder if they make some kind of putty to fill in gaps and prevent leaks. It's the da*n leaks that wake me up at night, not the mask. Maybe some gum? Haha.
Re: the unicorn. Yeah, this morning I look like a unicorn that has been crying or has bad allergies. Swollen puffy eyes, red marks under eyes and a big zit in the middle.
About the nasal pillows...my husband has them but I haven't tried them yet because the idea of something stuck up my nose all night kind of grosses me out. I may have to resort to them though because he says they are leak free.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gaspnea, They do make moisturizing cream for CPAP users and I think it comes in a 1-oz tube. The thing you want to look out for is that the cream you use doesn't have a lot of patrolium so as not to break down your mask.
When I use pillows, I use a "little" HPA lanolin cream in my nostriles to keep them from getting soar, that works very well for me and it doesn't break down the pillows.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Trish. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get another mask because they put the wrong one in the bag with my CPAP machine. My husband picked it up for me and it was already packed up so he assumed they gave me the right one. I will ask to try the nasal pillows when I am there. The best thing would be to Krazy Glue the mask onto your face and get rid of the straps. Voila, no leaks. But...you can then never take it off. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone here takes some sort of silicone something. Ear plugs maybe? Rolls them into longer tubes and uses them to help with leaks.

The nasal pillows can leak, depending on what kind you get. However, they leak a lot less than other mask types. I currently use the Breeze. The pillows don't go very far up the nose really and after the first few nights, I didn't notice it.

Try on your husband's mask to see if you can tolerate the feeling.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did get zits at first from the lanolin I put in my nostrils to soothe them. I wear nasal pillows. I tried some special exfoliating cleanser for a while and they haven't come back. I'm careful now to not use too much lanolin.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to get a rash so I switched to nasal pillows held by an oral appliance from [link removed]

I grind my teeth so the oral appliance serves to hold the hoses and something to bite down on besides my own teeth.

I'll never go back to a mask or straps.

In the future, use Google search terms to direct other members to a commercial website. In this case, you should have said "Google Nomask for information." - Moderator
-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Remzzzzzz liners

Should work great for you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross CPAP Made me well - sick. Asthma.Acne.Etc. dbw45 11 2,018 02-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: booksfan
  Acne From Straps? player 3 2,128 03-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Last Post: green wings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.