Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Add Linux download to the Sleep Files site
Add Linux download to the Sleep Files site
There is a Sourceforge project for Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu variants of Linux. How about adding the link to the SleepFiles dot com SH2 page? There are 32- and 64-bit self installers for the above variants. And you can keep the links to the compiling instructions. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Add Linux download to the Sleep Files site
(12-15-2015, 11:45 PM)hfinger Wrote: There is a Sourceforge project for Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu variants of Linux. How about adding the link to the SleepFiles dot com SH2 page? There are 32- and 64-bit self installers for the above variants. And you can keep the links to the compiling instructions. Too-funny

The Linux versions of SH on Sourceforge are very old. The author never built a Linux distribution for the later versions of SH.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2015, 08:35 PM)archangle Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 11:45 PM)hfinger Wrote: There is a Sourceforge project for Debian, Fedora, and Ubuntu variants of Linux. How about adding the link to the SleepFiles dot com SH2 page? There are 32- and 64-bit self installers for the above variants. And you can keep the links to the compiling instructions. Too-funny

The Linux versions of SH on Sourceforge are very old. The author never built a Linux distribution for the later versions of SH.

I have a 64 bit version that I built, that runs on Fedora 20 and 21. I'd be happy to upload it although I have no idea what else it would run on.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not that hard to build the Linux version.
Useful links.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 01:44 AM)archangle Wrote: It's not that hard to build the Linux version.

It's not hard if you already have the build environment, which not everybody does. Linux is becomeing more mainsteam, which means it's not just developers anymore.

An RPM or DEB file would be awesome, but I have no idea how to build one.

Anybody here ever make one before?

Post Reply Post Reply
Archangle has compile it in linux. documented it here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...d-on-Linux

No package yet but that sounds like a project for anyone who knows Linux.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2015, 12:04 PM)Terry Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 01:44 AM)archangle Wrote: It's not that hard to build the Linux version.

It's not hard if you already have the build environment, which not everybody does. Linux is becomeing more mainsteam, which means it's not just developers anymore.

An RPM or DEB file would be awesome, but I have no idea how to build one.

Anybody here ever make one before?

Well, the build process could be a script, no build environment needed.

For instance, for Linux mint, the following script gets the build pieces needed, even if no development environment is already installed:

----
#/bin/bash

sudo apt-get install libqt5serialport5 git qt5-qmake qt5-default libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5serialport5-dev g++ libudev-dev

mkdir shbuild
cd shbuild

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sleepyhead/code sleepyhead-code

cd sleepyhead-code

qmake
make
-----

Even if you pre-compiled the executable, you're still going to have to run apt-get to install the libraries it needs.

You'd need a different version for different distributions, or a talented multi-distribution-aware script Things like RPM, deb, etc. have some extra capabilities. There's also a different process if you need a brokenGL version.

I could probably knock out a red had style script as well, but I'd have to load a red hat based distro.
Useful links.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you all come up with an installer for Linux that will work with the more common distributions, I don't think it would be a big deal to host that file on our SleepFiles.com server, with a link to the files on the SH download page.

I would think that a "multi-distribution-aware" deb and rpm for v0.9.8-1-T3-testing would be a good thing.

I would assume that we'd need to start a thread about this in the SleepyHead Testing Forum once a deb or rpm is ready, so the beta testers could get a crack at it prior to releasing anything publicly on the SH download page.

But yeah, there's people like me that cringe at the thought of building from source (yeah, I know I'm chicken). But since I run Ubuntu, I'd love to have a .deb file that would install SH and all the various dependencies all in one fell swoop.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ran the build from git on sourceforge. (Ubuntu 15.10), and it appears to run fine. While I've never built a .deb before, I am a programmer and this would be an interesting one to start on.
I'm not sure how multi-platform I can get to from the start, but I'd think most recent Ubuntu/Debian based distros should be pretty close if the qt5 isn't a huge issue.
Maybe start with the OpenGL and add BrokenGL later?
Anyone interested in collaborating on it?

Blessings,

Bill.
Post Reply Post Reply
I copied and pasted archangle's instructions several moons ago into terminal (LM17.1) and voilà works great. first time I got to watch that process. prior that I had to run SH in a windoze vb machine which I did not like doing.

Thanks again archangle!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 127 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 86 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 244 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 198 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 262 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.