Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added O2 and Wow!
RE: Added O2 and Wow!
Pop up a daily graph so we can see how your doing
Post Reply Post Reply
Still working on getting a computer, so still no graph.

It seems that I'm having problems falling asleep with the machine as, apparently, my rhythmic breathing is altered as I fall to sleep and the machine starts blowing extra hard. It pulls me back from sleep. This goes on over and over until finally I manage to sneak past this portal into the land of dreams. I'm thinking that I'll probably just get use to it, but I'm fishing for other ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply
the disturbing pressure is the asv doing its job, nudging you to breathe through central apnea. I adapted to it in a couple days. others might take a couple weeks. idk how long you've been at this but the vast majority of folks for whom asv is truly indicated unconsciously adapt in relatively short order & really like the result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds about right.    I didn't have a headache today, and I'm starting to regain my power of concentration which, at one time,  was laser focused, but the last few months/years, it's more like a hyperactive dog in a park full of squirrels.   We even had a power outage so my GF switched off my O2 concentrator and that didn't get turned back on for my last few hours of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Group, 

I'm having "long covid" symptoms and I've been a little stressed the last few weeks.    Today, I woke up with a very painful headache and I've been "confused" and "unfocused" all day.

I've long suspected that one of my medications may be doing as much harm as good.   With the stress, I've been increasing the dose.   I think I'm seeing that my breathing is particularly bad during the night, but seemed to get better towards morning.    I definitely need to wean off that medication. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Without knowing the medication, it's hard to say. Hope you're about done with the Covid by now. Have you had negative tests yet?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Drug is Seroquel / Quetiapine. - undiagnosed reason, but my personal theory is extreme social anxiety due to some flavor of autism. (Asperger's).

I just had two negative PCR tests. I was doing much better, but then overdid it physically and all my covid symptoms including low O2 sat came back. Stress was from work, but I've taken a leave of absence.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine Turns Off (Added O2 and Wow!)
I've been doing really well until recently.   I have a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV, but the machine has been been turning off usually in the pre-dawn hours.   I wake up to really sharp, painful headache which probably my classic hypoxia which I've inferred is central sleep apnea.  

My first take away is that my condition gets worse when I don't exercise and that would be lately as I've been focusing harder at work and avoiding my bike rides.   I usually go to the gym which I've been avoiding for covid. 

Second, what's up with my machine?   A quick google search suggested turning off the autosense.   I don't think it is power as I've tried different power supplies.   Any other ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
"Autosense" is an improper description of the Resmed "Airsense" model lineup, which includes a CPAP, Elite and Autoset lineup. Whoever wrote what you saw on your Google search was clueless, and it doesn't apply to your Aircurve ASV anyway. There is a feature called Smartstart that starts the machine when it detects breathing airflow, and turns it off when the mask is removed and a large leak is detected. If your mask becomes displaced, that feature may turn off the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smart Start sounds appropriate on the ASV. With the high leak rates showing last October, if that still exists, it's probably not able to stay on if that's active.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added UncollapseMeThroat 28 5,992 03-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sunnyside
  Added Wellvu Ring O2 to the arsenal bouncer 4 892 04-25-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bouncer
  Dr. just added O2 therapy Always Curious 18 3,289 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  OT Added benefits of CPAP? on the virge 11 3,928 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.