Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added O2 and Wow!
RE: Added O2 and Wow!
(07-23-2020, 12:14 PM)becker44a Wrote: Unless you are travelling more than staying home, I would choose based on the best treatment efficacy, not portability.  Many on this forum have switched from Respironics to Resmed and found better treatment results.  

Priorities.  Based on how awful I feel after 1 night without oxygen (and a horrible 2 hour nap), I'll probably order the ResMed tomorrow.   It's really a nightmare (literally and figuratively) to live like this.    I'll work out the travel side later, but they make a 12V DC adapter for the machine.   I'm more worried about power outages at the moment.

Working on getting an oxygen machine.   i love how poor countries do medicine as its a who you know not what you know situation.   I may need to ship one from the states.

Thanks for input.  Oh, working on oasis.   This computer (work) is really locked down and I can't mount SD cards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your profile, I think we assumed you are in South Florida. Ship one from the States?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2020, 09:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Based on your profile, I think we assumed you are in South Florida.  Ship one from the States?

I'm currently hiding under a rock in the Caribbean.    I travel a lot as in constantly.   It's part of my personality as I'm always curious, love new cultures, and speak a few languages.  I very often have no permanent address which earned me the moniker of "the family gypsy" in my twenties.   

I find people have a hard time relating to that lifestyle, so I just pick S. Florida as I seem to always return there and it's often my entry point back into the states.   I do actually have an apartment there at the moment, but you don't live in Florida for the summers even if it wasn't being overrun by covid.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually have some "close" friends that travel the world and base out of the Keys. They are currently on the road. It makes it nice when I need a warm place to go stay a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to find an O2 Concentrator and I have another one being shipped with a ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV.  I'm looking forward to it.  

What a difference....   I don't know how I managed to cope with this for years.   I knew I had an issue but I didn't know where to look for resolution as every doctor told me that I am healthy.   It fits perfectly, but my symptoms really pointed me towards PTSD or neurological issues.   My tremors returned after only two nights without oxygen.
Post Reply Post Reply
No question just an update:

Just received my ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV. I'm just getting it setup and I've been using it for a 30 minutes trying to get use to it. I did my forget to breath thing and the machine cranked the pressure until I took a breath. I can't wait to sleep with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What are the settings on the ASV just checking you were setup correctly really
Post Reply Post Reply
Mode ASVAuto
Minn EPAP. 8
Max EPAP 15
Min PS 3.0-
Max PS 8.0

I kept getting "blasted" so switched to my. old machine and then back. Then, turned the Max PS down to 8 from 15 (I think). I feel horribly dry this morning and have a headache.

Usage 9 hours.
Events (AHI) 5.4
Pressure 19.7
Exp Pressure 10.8
Leak 40L/min.

I have a new sleepweaver mask as well that seems to leak more (newer model).

I need to locate a computer to read the SD. One thing at at a. time. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess more PS than 8 is required an ASV takes time getting used to when it blows at you blow back and it will back off an ASV is an active machine and will try and even up your breathing by providing additional pressure on a breath by breath basis. The additional pressure from the ASV can cause mouth breathing s that may be why you feel dry this morning and high leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept better last night and don't remember getting "blasted" with pressure.   Leakage was way down as well, but my mask was too tight so I'll need to loosen the head gear a little.    Small headache; not as dry.  Better. 

AHI was down to 1.2/hour.

I'll consider moving PS 8 upward as I become more comfortable to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,068 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added UncollapseMeThroat 28 6,003 03-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sunnyside
  Added Wellvu Ring O2 to the arsenal bouncer 4 898 04-25-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: bouncer
  Dr. just added O2 therapy Always Curious 18 3,291 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  OT Added benefits of CPAP? on the virge 11 3,931 05-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.