Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Added Wellvu Ring O2 to the arsenal
Added Wellvu Ring O2 to the arsenal

Have been lurking here for a while. Hope you guys have some advise for me.
My experience with Sleep Apnea has been somewhat uncommon (I think). 

Prologue
  • Diagnosis - Was diagnosed 5 years ago, AHI 6, RDI 14, and was prescribed Resmed A10 in US.
  • Symptoms - loud snoring, day time tiredness, fatigue, brain fog, etc. But I wasn't sure if SA is the culprit or anything else.
  • Took a long time adjusting to the machine. Finally settled on nasal pillows. Started using the machine 95%+ times.
  • But never felt much improvement in the symptoms (had some small improvement). Sometimes, I felt better, but most of the time, I felt like sh*t when waking up. Took 1 hour or more to be able to leave the bed. 
  • Did a self study with Resmed in 2019, in India, and this time AHI was 21. 
  • If I tried to stop using CPAP I couldn't even fall asleep as the tongue would fall back choking m eeven before I could sleep.
  • Did another sleep study in US in 2020. The study went wrong as they messed somethings up but it still confirmed that I have OSA, and must use CPAP. Ruled out other common issues like narcolepsy, positional SA, very small CSA.
With this background, I decided to study my OSA with more data. So I purchased Wellvu Ring O2. It is recommended in this forum and my research indicated that it is close enough to medical grade for my purposes.
Last night, I took my first reading (after some sanity tests on the ring). No CPAP, just Ring O2. This morning, I was only slightly more tired than usual (as I didn't use CPAP). But that was not the biggest surprise.

Surprise

O2 Ring shows that my sleep was very good! I know, SpO2 cannot be used to diagnose SA, but I was expecting that I will have a high number of OSA events which would show a corresponding drop in SpO2. But that is not the case.
So when I put everything together, the only conclusion I can draw is that at least in my case, even though I have mild OSA, it is not accompanied by a drop in SpO2, and even though I do not see a major benefit or relief from symptoms, I must keep using CPAP on blind faith that somehow it must be doing good.
This is fine, but its just a bit demoralizing for my enquiring brain.

Next
I will take a few more measurements with and without CPAP machines. But would like to see what you folks think.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Added Wellvu Ring O2 to the arsenal
You could use OSCAR as Sleepyhead isn't supported. Then post a chart. Looking at the data by those that know how to interpret would help you. SpO2 data is only helpful to a certain degree in predicting Apnea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Sure, adding a few screenshots. But please note that my subjective experience doesn't match the AHI reported by the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your not using one yet, your showing some Apnea clusters or AKA positional Apnea. See the cluster of blue ticks from around 0000-0130? Likely your chin is tucking down towards your chest, kinking the airway and creating a restriction that sets up a string of Apnea as seen here. Look at the soft collar and the positional Apnea wiki in my signature.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a great insight! I will try a collar and report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 62 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,265 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 349 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.